Sr IT Project Manager
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with
like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly
growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to
an exciting and innovative future is now. PSE's-- IT Project
Management Office --team is looking for qualified candidates to
fill an--open-- Sr IT Project Manager --position! Job
- Manages the overall coordination, status reporting, financials,
schedules and stability of project-oriented work--efforts, ensuring
that project goals and objectives are met within agreed-upon time,
scope and resource--requirements.--
- Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers /
partners by defining project requirements, and--performing
feasibility and needs / impact assessments.--
- Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation
processes including resource allocation, vendor / procurement
management, risk management, progress tracking, monitoring change
control process,--testing, documentation, training and on-time
delivery within budget constraints.
- Coordinates elements of communication and change / process
management related to project outcomes across--the organization as
- Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's
operating and/or field procedures related to
work--responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total
safety. Job Responsibilities
- Applies advanced project management concepts and uses project
management software to manage projects.
- Manages all aspects of medium to large projects throughout the
project lifecycle including project scope,--schedule, budget,
resources, quality and change. May participate in driving
workstreams for large, complex--projects.--
- Translates project requirements into project objectives and
tasks, managing task assignment to project--resources and reporting
on and managing project scope throughout the project
- Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates,
resource plans, project financials and status reports.
- Collaborates with resource managers to define and assemble
project team. Responsible for managing and--assigning project work
to team menbers for duration of project.--
- Sets and manages client expectations, managing and escalating
issues, risks and changes.
- Facilitates team meetings to ensure effective business
decisions are reached using knowledge of team--dynamics.
- Measures progress toward project goals and revises project
objectives and documents by applying change--control
- Communicates regularly to core team and key stakeholders to
strengthen team member engagement and/or--influence stakeholder
opinion of the process or results.--
- Identifies project risks and issues and determines mitigation /
- Responsible for project vendor management. Includes definiition
of work scope, alignment of expectations,--following established
procurement procedures and coordinating vendor activities.
- Proficiently applies IT methods, professional knowledge and PSE
standards and practices to complex tasks--and situations.
- Responds to unfamiliar, undefined, unexpected, or unstable
situations with the professionally prescribed--standard response.
Relates effectively with business partners, professional peers, and
other team members.
- May mentor or coach other team members on project concepts and
- Participates in project peer reviews.--
- Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience in related field,
or combination of specialized training or--experience and eight
years of directly relevant experience.--
- Strong familiarity with project management software, including
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong team leadership and facilitation skills required.--
- Solid understanding of project management tools and
methodologies, and ability to develop and manage--project plans and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including
excellent presentation skills. Desired Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP).--
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Six Sigma Certification.
- Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM) Certification or other
Agile related Certifications Additional Information Families and
businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue
their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington
communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in
1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through
efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our
leadership in renewable energy. At PSE we value and respect our
employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an
expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation,
annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits,
401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee
assistance and wellness program. Puget Sound Energy is committed to
providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or
without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of
the essential functions of the job, or any other category
prohibited by local, state or federal law. Should you have a
disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation
with the job application process, please contact the Human
Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Bellevue , Sr IT Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!