Lead Java Microservices Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: April 8, 2021
When you join Verizon Verizon is a leading provider of
technology, communications, information and entertainment products,
transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse
network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared
purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here. What you'll be
doing... We are honored that you are considering Visible as your
next place of employment. Visible is the first all-digital wireless
carrier in the U.S. Named by Fast Company as one of the most
innovative companies in the world, Visible offers unlimited
messages, minutes, and data, on Verizon's Network. Visible is
designed to fundamentally change the way millions of consumers sign
up for and manage their phone service.Although headquartered in
Denver, we have a permanent Work from Home Structure, and our team
members work remotely. The Visible Engineering team is seeking a
Lead Java Microservices Engineer who is passionate about writing
code and unafraid of solving big problems. You will bring creative
ideas and energy to a team, take some risks, and challenge our
- Defining and implementing our web customer portal for our
millions of users with your knowledge of the latest web development
tools and methodologies.
- Working as part of our team driving, designing, creating and
maintaining components of our Backend Systems.
- Rapidly iterating on product and platform features by quickly
understanding requirements and producing good quality code.
- Identifying technology trends and platforms (including web and
mobile apps) and collaborating with other team members to make
recommendations based on the company's needs.
- Helping evolve the software development methodology based on
agile and lean thinking, including impacting the development of
coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technology standards,
industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development
- Ensuring technical issues are quickly resolved and implement
strategies and solutions to help reduce the likelihood of
- Identifying competitive services, opportunities for innovation,
and provide an assessment of obstacles and technical hurdles to the
success of the project. What we're looking for... You'll need to
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience programming with Core Java, JEE, Rest, Sprint,
Hibernate/eclipse link, JDBC, Microservices, Docker/ Kubernetes,
- Experience with Python/Django, Django Rest Framework, REST,
Cloud deployment. Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Information
- Knowledge of Cloud, Data Integration.
- Coding and design skills in Java and related technologies.
- Experience building cloud services.
- Knowledge with Java open-source and API standard.
- Knowledge with the Agile process.
- Experience in the Data connectivity and Data access domain
would be an added advantage.
- Working with agile development methodologies, continuous
integration, test-driven development and GIT version control.
- Experience developing scalable solutions.
- Experience in Cloud build and run.
- Experience in E2E Development.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,
we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Bellevue , Lead Java Microservices Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!