Senior Software Engineer (Product)
Company: Chewy, Inc.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Chewy is seeking a -Software Engineer -to join -our team in
Bellevue, WA. The expectations of the prospective candidate will be
the design, development, testing, implementation, and support of
applications and related integrations. In this role, the ideal
candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make
contributions to the growth and development of one of -Chewy's
-fastest growing areas. This energetic individual will partner with
both technical and business teams on multiple initiatives and
collaborate to deliver new features and enhancements. - -
What You'll Do: -
- Serve as a technical lead on business critical,
- Design, develop, and implement large scale distributed systems
that process and serve large volumes of data.
- Hold a high bar for the quality of the architecture and design
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward
solutions that operationally scale and are easily
- Instill engineering excellence in the team and have the drive
to focus on scalability, resiliency, high availability and
performance of applications.
- Actively mentor engineers, build and foster a strong
engineering team culture, and be a key contributor in raising the
bar of the engineering org.
- Generate and analyze engineering metrics to inform leadership
and make data driven decisions
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and convey
dissenting opinions in a constructive manner.
What You'll Need: -
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field or
equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4+ years designing, building, deploying, operating,
scaling, testing, and evolving distributed systems and high-volume
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development in
Java, C#, C++, or other object-oriented programming
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- AWS development experience or other major cloud
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development process
- Must be team oriented and have a customer service
- Position may require travel
Bonus: - -
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.3+ years of
experience in SQL and developing applications with relational
database technologies (PostGres -preferred)
- Experience taking a project from inception through launch.
Includes influencing the vision, communicating with leadership,
stakeholders, and technical teams to disambiguate requirements,
describe software product features, and produce technical design
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace
diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you
wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for
employment at Chewy, please contact . -
regarding information collected from job applicants and how we use
it, please click here: -).
Keywords: Chewy, Inc., Bellevue , Senior Software Engineer (Product), IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!