Database Security Engineer
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Get to know The Pokémon Company International The Pokémon
Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in
Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for
brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card
Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official
Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is
one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the
world. Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon). Get
to know the role Job Title: Database Security Engineer Job Summary:
The Database Security Engineer is passionate about detection and
prevention of security threats to high-risk data assets with
specific focus on major cloud platforms (AWS). As part of broader
Cybersecurity efforts, you will participate in periodic evaluation
of database architecture to adhere to established security
baselines. This role will be a key player in delivering against the
security roadmap and efforts addressing TPCi needs for managing new
technologies and solutions to secure data stores in a hybrid
multi-cloud environment. FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No What you'll do
- Define security standards for all structured data platforms
(e.g. databases, data lakes, data warehouses, etc.) for TPCi
- Identify and drive implementation of database protection tools
to detect and prevent unauthorized access to TPC's structured data
- Design, develop, test, customize and troubleshoot Database
security systems and solutions, such as Database Activity
Monitoring, Data Obfuscation, Data segregation/segmentation.
- Outline access, encryption, and logging requirements in data
stores and work with data management teams to implement.
- Build systemic, technical controls for data discovery,
classification and tagging sensitive information in structured data
- Identify and oversee third party security services to manage
security monitoring of TPCi's data stores.
- Provide security expertise and consulting to partner teams in
Tech and across the enterprise.
- Alongside the Information Security team, responsible for
responding to and remediating security events / incidents.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure
successful completion of our roadmaps and initiatives.
- Integrate security testing and controls into different phases
of teams' development lifecycles.
- Utilize agile methodology by making iterative progress toward
achieving individual, team, and organizational objectives. What
you'll bring Required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Information Security.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Database Administrations,
Database Engineering, Database Management, or a similar field
- 2+ years hands-on experience with cloud data warehouse
technologies including AWS Redshift/RDS or Azure data
- Knowledge of data architecture, database technologies, and
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, ingenuity
and ability to work as part of a team
- Self-Starter with excellent interpersonal skills, and capable
of working with multi-functional teams and varying levels of
- Experience with data science, machine learning in anomaly
detection and user behavior analytics
- Cloud technology experience with Microsoft or AWS information
- Skilled in log aggregation and distributed monitoring tools
like Splunk, ELK etc.
- Experience working with security vendors and developing
requirements and recommendations based on evaluating products and
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or
equivalent working experience.
- Information Security certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, CISA,
etc.) a plus
- Offensive Security/Pen test certifications (OSCP, etc.) a plus
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pokémon experience. What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases. Internal Job Code: TE.ICIO.P2
Internal Job Profile: Information Security Engineer (IC2)#LI-PS
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Database Security Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!