Manager, Software Engineering
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Manager, Software Engineering
Job Summary: The Manager, Software Engineering will be responsible
for ongoing development for Organized Play Software. You will be
responsible for designing, developing, and delivering software
services that help administrators schedule and organize Pok--mon
events and help the fans to discover, register and participate in
the same. This position works closely with the rest of the Software
Engineering, DevOps team members and other stakeholders within the
company to create innovative solutions to complex business
problems. This position requires constant exercise of discretion in
prioritization of work, growing and mentoring the team and solving
complex technical challenges.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Manage a large team of Software Engineers within the larger
Software Engineering department
- Make sure new features that help administrators schedule,
organize, and execute Pok--mon events are implemented efficiently,
securely and delivered on timely manner.
- You define metrics to measure team progress, customer
experience, solution quality, and operational excellence.
- You strive for operational excellence and help improve relevant
metrics to make a positive impact on the product and its
- Make sure new features that help fans to discover, register and
participate in Pok--mon events are implemented efficiently,
securely and delivered on timely manner.
- You can independently make short-term vs. long-term decisions.
You define clear goals and objectives. You make crisp decisions
about what projects move forward and in what priority
- Make sure team members document and communicate designs and
interfaces for use by other engineers specific to the
- You delegate appropriately, assigning the right level of tasks
based on the strength and development objectives of the individuals
on your team.
What you'll bring
- Min 5+ years' experience in multi-tiered web sites
- Min 3+ years' experience in people management, performance
management, promotions, appraisals etc.
- Experience in working with Cloud-based technologies,
multi-tiered and online services.
- Experience in managing and driving multiple teams do deliver a
product across multiple releases.
- Familiarity in programming/scripting languages such as Python,
- Familiarity with systems such as SQL, Linux, Web-services is a
- Experience in the video game or trading card game industry a
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code: EN.SOMF.M3
Internal Job Profile: Software Development Mgmt (M2)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Manager, Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!