Senior Technical Program Manager, Data Science Machine Learning
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), Data Science and Machine
Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport is looking for a creative, technically minded Senior
Technical Program Manager for Data Science, who is motivated to
solve some of the world's most challenging problems. You'll work
alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems
and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade,
supply chain, and logistics industry. You'll have the opportunity
to reshape the industry by creating the new technology platform for
Data is at the heart of our business and as a Senior Technical
Program Manager, you will work to coordinate data science efforts
and drive insights into both our physical, and digital products &
features. In collaboration with multidisciplinary product and
engineering teams, you will marshal and coordinate our data science
team to creatively develop optimization and machine learning models
that will be embedded in software products that deliver data-driven
insights seamlessly to end users where they need it, and when they
need it. We are passionate at providing effortless accessible
intelligence, and actionable insights to our end users.
Our ideal candidate is: self-motivated, team oriented, detailed
driven individual who is passionate about delivering solutions for
end users coping with real-world business problems.
- Partner with global Data Science, Product, Engineering, and
Business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of key
- Drive cross-functional team planning and development activities
to ensure program tasks can complete on-time and manage constraints
around resources, scope and quality.
- You will facilitate the gathering of technical requirements and
clarify questions/ambiguities in product requirements. You will
close out interpretation gaps before requirements are translated
into Epics (Features) or User Stories.
- Identify and manage cross-team technology dependencies and
align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of
- Build and manage program plans, Jira dashboards, measure and
track programs from concept to delivery.
- Manage reporting. Provide transparency and communication to key
stakeholders around program status, risks and change
- Proactively identify and remove blockers for the data science
team, and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Understand the technical architecture of the solution, analyze
data to identify root causes of problems, and partner closely with
engineers to resolve technical impediments
- Ensure that software development & Continuous
integration/Continuous delivery guidelines (Code Reviews, Unit
Tests, Code Coverage) and any other compliance requirements are
- Facilitate ongoing discussions, decision making, and conflict
resolution. Determine people, process or technical solutions to
You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related
discipline with 5+ years of related technical program management
- Experience program managing a data related team.
- Experience program managing large-scale, cross-functional
programs related to enterprise systems, API integrations, cloud
- Strong in agile/scrum processes, project/program planning,
organization and time management.
- Strong understanding of data science related technology
architecture, concepts, software & product development
- Understand the data science development process and be able to
coordinate and orchestrate that with software engineering
- Be data and metrics driven.
- Able to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities.
Help teams prioritize and focus.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy and
enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience program managing a data science/machine learning
- Master's degree to higher in Computer Science or related
- Experience in logistics or SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise
- Relevant experience supporting common data science software
platforms (Airflow, Sagemaker, TensorFlow, Snowflake)
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race
forward. That's why it's our mission to make it easy and accessible
for everyone. We're shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with
solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people.
Today, companies of all sizes-from emerging brands to Fortune
500s-use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise
across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage
as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the
world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we're experiencing record
growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in
the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to
tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the
environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don't be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone.
That's why it's important to bring people from diverse backgrounds
and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move
the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That's why we invest in education
starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive
onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport
employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global
trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and
engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating
and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic
self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital
and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, military and veteran status, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable law
Keywords: Flexport, Bellevue , Senior Technical Program Manager, Data Science Machine Learning, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!