Technical Product Manager, Mobile & Instrumentation
Company: Chewy, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Our Mission at Chewy is to be the most trusted and convenient
online destination for pet parents and partners everywhere. We are
obsessed with meeting the needs of pets and pet parents and
exceeding customer expectations through every interaction. The
Marketing Science and Operations team is focused on creating new
capabilities and enhancing existing ones that will redefine the
state of Marketing Technology thereby helping our marketers reach
and engage with new customers and continue to serve existing
customers in industry leading fashion. Join us to be part of an
exciting journey in a fast growing and innovative team to bring the
vision to life.
The Technical Product Manager, Mobile & Instrumentation role will
play a pivotal role managing the tagging, tracking and identity
foundation required to help measure and scale our marketing
programs to drive long term customer value.
In this role you will:
- Manage the relationship with our mobile measurement partners
- Assess and address the impact of any privacy and mobile app
tracking changes (such as Apple App Tracking Transparency) on our
data pipelines, reporting and downstream metrics.
- Manage, streamline and validate Instrumentation of data to 3rd
party marketing platforms (e.g. TikTok, Meta, Google) on both
Chewy's app and web platforms using tag management (such as Google
(such as AppsFlyer or Twillio Segment).
- Implement Server-to-Server (S2S) tracking for key performance
marketing partner platforms.
- Lead initiatives to drive Cross-device tracking and
instrumentation (both on web and in-app) for marketing
- Work with design, engineering, App and Web product owners to
ensure that Marketing data is preserved throughout the user flow
and available for performance measurement.
- Manage Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and future
instrumentation for attribution and analytics technologies within
our marketing technology stack.
- Own implementation of cookie consent tool and 3rd party pixels
consuming conversion signals
- Champion marketing implications of large scale changes such as
cross domain tracking, mobile app hybridization, single-page
applications, and deep linking.
What you'll do:
- Lead and implement integrations with external partners to
ensure data flow and accurate instrumentation.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of product managers,
engineers, analysts, and finance to play a key role in delivering
product roadmap items.
- Work closely with the Native Mobile Application team in better
understanding their product roadmap and its impact on the marketing
systems and drive to implement the necessary changes
- Engage with Engineering leaders to solve data, infrastructure,
and scalability challenges across Marketing Technology.
- Engage and lead conversations with partner teams across Chewy
to understand marketing implications of the various activities on
Marketing technology stack and translate those conversations into
requirements for the marketing engineering team.
- Drive adoption, communicate & showcase new features added to
products in your portfolio.
- Exhibit a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, &
superior communication skills; be willing to roll up your sleeves
to get the job done.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering,
or similar discipline
- 5+ years in product management in an engineering or business
- 3+ years of Marketing Technology experience including, and not
limited to various marketing analytics systems such as Google
Analytics, Twillio Segment, AppsFlyer etc.
- Deep understanding of mobile app analytics and ability to
translate that into reports and scorecards will serve both the
operating team (managing daily campaign operations) as well as
- Understanding of deep linking and its implications on
attribution, reporting, optimization with media platforms (Google
Ads, Meta, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with SQL- other coding a plus- and Tableau
or similar visualization tools
- Experience developing short and long-term product strategy,
strong product management skills, defining and prioritizing product
roadmap, defining detailed product requirements, building, and
leading cross-functional teams, and working at a fast pace to
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects
from start to finish, identifying and mitigating risks, manage
multiple competing priorities, high attention to detail and
situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and
perseverance to handle challenging business situations and make
trade-offs at all levels of management
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive, to build a culture of
experimentation, learning and innovation
- Experience creating technical documentation and specifications
that will aid in the development and improvement of the existing
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
leveraging Scrum; track record of building productive relationships
with engineering leadership
- Ability to speak technical jargon with the engineers and the
ability to break it down to simple language for executives and
others without a technical background.
- Knowledge of Performance Marketing and Brand Marketing
- Ability to keep up with the change in mobile technology trends
and identify the implications for the marketing tech stack
#LI-RK1Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and
embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you
wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for
employment at Chewy, please contact .
regarding information collected from job applicants and how we use
it, please click here:).
Keywords: Chewy, Inc., Bellevue , Technical Product Manager, Mobile & Instrumentation, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!