Software Engineer, Unity/C# Client
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Niantic is seeking Software Engineers to help build
next-generation augmented reality and location-based experiences
using Niantic's Real World Platform.
Niantic builds 3D games on mobile platforms (Android, iOS) using
Unity and C#; those games are supported by many platform components
developed in-house on the same technologies.
We're seeking passionate folks to build those mobile, real-time,
AR/Geo technology and experiences with Unity and C# for Android and
iOS; we're looking for engineers to implement the parts that will
contribute to compelling gameplay for our diverse and passionate
Our focus is shipping fun, world-class games. We value engineers
who consistently deliver quality results. You will join an
outstanding team of creative people to build cutting-edge mobile
and AR experiences.
- Design and implement Unity client software for Niantic
products, that is cross-platform for Android and iOS
- Perform load and performance testing, participate in code
reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure
production systems quality.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, QA, and other
departments to ensure code and technology meets internal
- Work towards innovative technical solutions from complex
problems and ambiguous goals, in a collaborative and inclusive
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or
- Opportunities are available across all levels - 5+ years for
senior level candidates.
- Proficiency in C# for Unity.
- Experience working with Unity on mobile devices on Android and
iOS or mixed reality platforms
- Experience building 3D games, applications, or developer SDKs,
particularly in Unity or Unreal.
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team working
with game designers, producers, artists and UX designers.
- Experience developing cross platform software (Java, Obj-C,
C/C++), for mobile, XR, embedded or console devices.
- Experience building server-side features, shaders, native
plugins in Unity or other game engines.
- Experience in UX Design / ergonomics.
- Experience with Apple ARKit, Google ARCore, or Unity AR
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking
creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products
inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent
company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including
Nintendo, The Pok--mon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our
current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game
Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pok--mon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In
November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship,
enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that
cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included
is essential to creating great products our community will love.
Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including
those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology
industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important
values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value
intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have
growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los
Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Keywords: Niantic, Bellevue , Software Engineer, Unity/C# Client, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!