Head of Security Engagaement
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Be unstoppable with us!T-Mobile is synonymous with
innovation-and you could be part of the team that disrupted an
entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to
the nation, and now we're shaping the future of technology in
wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so
consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow
with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us.
Together, we won't stop!The Head of Security Engagement leads a
team of Business Information Security Officers (BISO) and leads
T-Mobile's engagement with the cybersecurity industry.
BISOs are responsible for managing the execution of T-Mobile's
cybersecurity strategy across numerous lines of business. The Head
of Security Engagement manages the BISO team to ensure BISOs are
well supported in this endeavor. This includes recruiting, talent
management, performance management, budget management, partnering
with technology and cybersecurity subject matter experts, and
working with senior stakeholders across T-Mobile.
This role also leads T-Mobile's engagement with the cybersecurity
industry. This includes developing an industry engagement strategy,
developing annual execution plans, representing T-Mobile within
cybersecurity industry associations, speaking at conferences as
well as customer and partner events.
This role consistently works to make T-Mobile's cybersecurity
strategy successful, requiring independent action and a high degree
of initiative to resolve issues. This role uses a mix of management
skills, cybersecurity expertise, and business acumen to accelerate
business and help develop a security-first culture at T-Mobile. The
Head of Security Engagement exercises wide latitude in determining
objectives and approaches to critical assignments across the
organization. This role creates formal networks involving
coordination among groups and acts independently to determine
methods and procedures on new or special assignments.Strategy,
- Present highly technical concepts to both technical and
- Technical Leadership: Monitor and influence relevant industry
technologies and standards.
- Represent T-Mobile with superior public speaking skills.
- Provide security thought leadership for the Telecom
- Contributes and participates in industry or vendor forums on
- Authors white papers to contribute to technical industry
- Produces advanced documentation and literature across
- Clearly describes architecture, design strategies, standards,
technical specifications, business benefits, opportunities, and
- Routinely creates executive, industry, and external
- Authors or coauthors industry publications.
- Contributes to industry professional norms.
- Continuously learns, creates content, and facilitates training
held by others on a specific subject area.
- Informally coaches and contributes to the development of others
through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions.
- Participation in formal internal training programs.
- Influence technology and policy decisions made across the
Technology organization as it pertains to architecture, design
strategies and standards.
- Helps drives risk management decisions.
- Experience working with and/or managing cybersecurity
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Cybersecurity expertise: deep understanding of cybersecurity
challenges in a large enterprise environment.
- 5+ years of Telecom industry experience.
- 5+ years of IT vendor management experience.
- Technical evangelism experience.
- Public speaking experience at industry conferences and private
- Subject matter expert in an industry-wide, global based network
& information security
- Candidates with BISO or CISO experience are preferred
- Focus: Able to develop and communicate goals in support of the
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure with
minimal supervision - including the ability to simultaneously
support multiple strategically significant tasks under
- Motivational Support: The ability to enhance others' commitment
to their work.
- Teamwork: Ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success
in getting groups to learn to work together. Develop, maintain, and
strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the
organization who can provide information, assistance, and
- Inspiring Others: Ability to convey confidence in employees'
ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks;
delegating significant responsibility
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed
on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly
in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and
technical writing skills. The ability to plan and deliver oral and
written communications that make an impact and persuade their
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical,
systematic, sequential approach.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications
and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be
prepared for possible contingencies.
- Conceptual Thinking: The ability to find effective solutions by
taking a holistic, abstract, or theoretical perspective.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for
ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: The ability to analyze the organization's
competitive position by considering market and industry trends,
existing and potential customers (internal and external), and
strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
- Fostering Innovation: The ability to develop, sponsor, or
support the introduction of new and improved method, products,
procedures, or technologies.
- Travel 30 - 40% of time.Washington Pay Range : $169,100.00 -
$228,700.00The pay range above is the general base pay range for a
successful candidate in the state listed. The successful
candidate's actual pay will be based on various factors, such as
work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual
starting pay may be above or below this range. At T-Mobile,
employees in regular, non-temporary roles are eligible for an
annual bonus or periodic sales incentive or bonus, based on their
role. Most Corporate employees are eligible for a year-end bonus
based on company and/or individual performance and which is set at
a percentage of the employee's eligible earnings in the prior year.
Certain positions in Customer Care are eligible for monthly bonuses
based on individual and/or team performance, while Retail and
Business Sales roles are eligible for monthly or quarterly sales
incentives. And since we are ALL owners, EVERY employee at T-Mobile
is eligible for an Annual Stock Grant. For information about
T-Mobile's amazing benefits, check out
growing!T-Mobile doesn't have a corporate ladder-it's more like a
jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in
their careers, because it's that shared drive to aim high that
drives our business and our culture forward.If you'd like to
receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the
T-Mobile Talent Community today! T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment
relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status,
citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or
mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected
by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or
harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent
with how we do business and will not be tolerated.Talent comes in
all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a
disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the
application or interview process, please let us know by emailing
ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500.
Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or
inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to
non-accommodation related requests.
Keywords: T-Mobile, Bellevue , Head of Security Engagaement, IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!