Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for a -Vice President, Legal -to join our team.
As head of our legal department, you will grow and develop the
in-house legal function to support our family of studios. You'll
develop strategies that protect and support our business,
employees, and products, partnering closely with internal teams
across the organization to find solutions that balance business
opportunity with legal risk. As our business grows, you'll scale
and evolve the legal team to provide exceptional service and
practical guidance in support of our ambitious goals. Who You
- You are passionate about providing in-house legal support that
moves at the speed of business and champions business goals.
- You excel at synthesizing information to provide understandable
and actionable legal guidance tailored to your audience.
- You are willing to "roll up your sleeves" to drive both
strategy and tactical execution of legal programs.
- You are at home with ambiguity and skillfully drive complex
projects in the face of imperfect information.
- You are biased toward rational and practical risk assessments
that focus on the areas of biggest risk and opportunity for the
- You have a client-centric, solution-oriented mindset. Humility
and service are core values for you, and you measure your own
success by your effectiveness in helping others succeed.What You
- Set the strategy, scope, and day-to-day responsibilities for
the legal function in partnership with senior leadership and legal
- Anticipate and identify potential legal issues associated with
strategic initiatives and counsel internal clients toward practical
risk mitigation solutions.
- Set direction for the legal team's highest and best use,
determining which functions are in-house or outsourced with
operational efficiency, exceptional service, and subject matter
expertise in mind.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial, licensing,
and intellectual property agreements.
- Manage a global trademark portfolio and develop the IP
protection and enforcement program.
- Manage clearance of in-game and promotional content for
compliance with intellectual property and other laws.
- Advise on employment matters and lead employment law compliance
- Provide product counseling and advise on issues related to
consumer protection in games.
- Oversee corporate formation and corporate governance
- Oversee the legal work related to data privacy protection and
privacy program development.
- Manage, mentor, and develop legal team members in support of
their career growth and personal development goals.Minimum
- 10 years' experience as a practicing attorney.
- 5 years' experience as in-house counsel at a B2C company in the
game, entertainment, or technology industries.
- A strong background in intellectual property, data protection
and privacy, or product counseling.
- Impeccable drafting skills, exceptional judgement, and
excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships at all levels
within an organization, from entry level to C-suite.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Active Washington state bar license or ability to register in
Washington as in-house counsel within six months of hire.Preferred
- Experience with corporate transactions, such as mergers,
acquisitions, or public offerings.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Bellevue , VP Legal, Legal , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!