Sr. Manager, Sr. Corporate Counsel (Product Safety)
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Corporate.Pokemon.com and Pokemon.com. And
check out Twitter (twitter.com/Pokemon), LinkedIn
(linkedin.com/company/Pok--mon), Youtube (youtube.com/pokemon), and
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Manager, Legal Counsel
- Job Summary: Provides legal advice and counsel to the
organization in support of business activities and transactions.
-Oversees the activities and work-products of attorneys and support
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
Serve as a Senior Manager, Senior Corporate Counsel on legal
matters related to product safety on all Pok--mon product lines and
develop and update international and domestic product safety
strategies and effective product safety programs for the company
Manage and provide legal advice to the company and subsidiaries on
all aspects of product safety issues and regulatory requirements
Develop policies, procedures, and training programs to support the
company and subsidiaries in adhering to product safety and
regulatory compliance requirements.
Effectively establish global regulatory labeling and product safety
testing programs, and other compliance guidelines and manuals from
a regulatory perspective.
Work on primary processes including vendor onboarding, safety
analysis, design and labeling control, and recall action and
establish best practices for the company and subsidiaries.
Keep up-to-date on new legislation and regulations to ensure the
company maintains the highest compliance standards. This includes
working with the Production Team, our subsidiaries, and our
business partners to ensure that legal interpretations are
Develop and implement factory audit strategies and process and
provide guidance on implementation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- Membership in good standing with the Washington State Bar, or
admission in a state with Washington State Bar
- Ten+ (10+) years of relevant legal professional experience,
plus two (2) years of management experience or a demonstrated
equivalent level of expertise.
- 5 years of demonstrated work experience in the area of product
safety and product regulatory affairs (in-house or external). Prior
in-house experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements such as CPSIA/ASTM,
Prop 65 (USA), Toy Directive (EU), and ISO.
- Experience with children's entertainment (preferred).
- Exceptional drafting, negotiation, communication (written and
verbal), and interpersonal skill.
- Demonstrable experience innovating new processes to streamline
operations and increase efficiency, transparency, and comprehension
between client teams and legal.
- Experience working with multinational corporations and/or
client and possessing a demonstrably strong ability to facilitate
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $170,000.00 - $254,000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. For this role, new hires generally start between
$170,000.00-$201,400.00. Final base salary is directly related to
each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Sr. Manager, Sr. Corporate Counsel (Product Safety), Legal , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!