Senior UX Designer - Transportation and Recipient Experience
(TRX) Job ID: 1270091 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon’s Transportation and Recipient Experience team (TRX)
designs products that power the interconnected system of shipping,
transportation, and seller fulfillment experiences for Amazon
Worldwide Operations. Our products are a critical piece in
customers receiving their items on time as expected.
Our designers are often as concerned with operational processes,
service design, and physical interaction as we are digital
interfaces. Our designers collaborate with product managers,
developers, researchers, and executives to invent world-class
multi-modal products and services leveraging our very own design
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work with your team to gather
insights about customers and apply your expert information
architecture and interaction design skills to the needs and
problems you uncover. You will work through numerous ideas,
dreaming big and moving fast. You will have significant opportunity
to establish product vision and impact customer experience in a
fast-paced and data-driven environment, informed by rigorous
research and testing.
· Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of
product design challenges including, but not limited to: mobile,
responsive web, physical environments, and person-to-person
· Lead the design for wholly new experiences and improvements of
existing experiences while planning and defining strategy for the
direction of future iterations.
· Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and
work through details.
· Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context
the inputs that influenced the design decisions including business
and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research
· Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups,
interaction flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate
interaction and design ideas.
· Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, aesthetically
engaging, but which also produces results.
· Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all
stages of the production cycle.
· Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing
features by actively participating in user research and assessing
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface
· Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership
for review and feedback.
· Contribute to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centered
design and research methodologies.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS · 7+ years of experience as a user
experience designer, interaction designer, information architect,
or similar role.
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience
creating great user-centered design solutions.
· Experience designing and shipping products for mobile and
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information
architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability
principles and techniques.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling
· Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team
and working directly with developers for implementation of
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI),
or 4+ years equivalent professional experience.
· Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such
as Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Hype, Axure, and Keynote.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · Experience in a highly agile/scrum
· Ability to work in a startup environment.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting
usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /