Head of Design
Company: Bungie, Inc.
Posted on: February 20, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced creative
executive to run the Bungie Design Organization. This position
requires extensive experience as a design lead or game director,
and extensive experience managing large organizations. Your job is
to work with the Chief Creative Officer and game directors to help
forge and champion a powerful studio design philosophy, and a
future-facing design culture that will help Bungie continue to lead
the industry. You will also work with the game directors to manage
the organizational health and structure of all design departments,
and ensure high engagement, excellent craft, and quality
management. Additionally, you will collaborate with creative
leaders throughout the studio to ensure Bungie design is raising
the industry bar and still meeting individual project needs. This
position will report to the Chief Creative Officer, and will help
define the studio's larger creative strategy. The right candidate
will help create a compelling culture that will inspire our studio,
and foster a happy, engaged, buoyant and ever-learning design
organization! During these uncertain times and rapidly changing
environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are
subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the
studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed
in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Work closely with design directors to define a powerful,
future-facing culture for design
- Work with the Chief Creative Officer to define how design
unites the other disciplines to create powerful and resonant player
- Serve as a mentor, advisor, and manager to the game
- Help game directors structure their individual departments and
set up strong succession planning for each franchise
- Manage and grow design department managers from each
- Drive best practices in craft and ensure industry-leading
innovation in system design
- Oversee and radically upgrade the recruiting and talent
- Collaborate with external publishers in design related project
matters as necessary.
- Represent entire design organization to leadership groups
across the studio. Required Skills
- Demonstrated AAA design or game direction experience
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing creatives on AAA
console games or other design-related fields.
- A strong desire to focus on a management/strategic role for the
design discipline, as opposed to a highly creative role.
- Proven ability to drive large-scale studio initiatives, and to
manage a large organization
- Experience in effectively managing personnel issues and
developing a high-performance team.
- Excellent leadership and effective communication skills. Bungie
is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are
evaluated without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression and
identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental
or physical disability or other protected status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Bungie, Inc., Bellevue , Head of Design, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!