Senior Cultural Resources Specialist
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description - Senior Cultural Resources Specialist (159761)
Senior Cultural Resources Specialist - ( 159761 ) Description About
Us At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture,
environmental and construction services. While we are most
well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through
high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide
much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for
progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include
scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why
we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be
an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the
world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside
the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details
yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that
collaboration is the best way forward.
-- HDR is seeking a--Senior Cultural Resources Specialist--with
experience in archaeology in the Pacific Northwest Region. This
position will be responsible for leading consultation and
compliance projects to support clients across several business
sectors, including power and transportation. The successful
candidate must have an excellent understanding of the National
Historic Preservation Act, the National Environmental Policy Act,
and other federal cultural resources legislation, and be familiar
with State of Washington and/or Oregon regulations for the
protection and management of cultural and tribal resources. The
ideal candidate will have 10+ years' experience serving as a
Principal Investigator, meet the Secretary of the Interior's
Professional Qualification Standards for Archaeology, and be a
Registered Professional Archaeologist. Primary
- Providing cultural resource compliance support for a wide range
of private and public clients.
- Providing support for preparation of the cultural resources
components of environmental permits, documents, and reports
including writing, drafting, editing, and revising.
- Assisting with archaeological (terrestrial and maritime)
aspects of environmental impact analyses, feasibility, and due
- Applying knowledge of cultural resource management principles
to research, data collection and compilation, evaluation, and
- Preparing, managing and monitoring scope, schedule and budget
for archaeological investigations.
- Providing oversight services to clients and HDR for cultural
- Providing expertise on tribal and public outreach.
- Providing strategic planning and guidance to HDR's clients
regarding the implementation of Section 106.
- Developing study plans, management plans, study reports,
programmatic agreements, memoranda of agreement.
- Leading consultation with State Historic Preservation Officers,
Tribal Historic Preservation Officers, the Advisory Council on
Historic Preservation, and other consulting parties.
- Supporting project managers/directors and business development
efforts. Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Master's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or
closely related field.
- 10+ years' experience with cultural resources projects,
including planning, managing and executing archeological
- Experience in the Pacific Northwest (Washington and/or
- Proven ability to conduct, direct, and manage archaeological
- Previous experience directing project personnel and managing
small to large projects, including development of tasks, schedules,
and cost estimates.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct field work, participate in
meetings, coordinate with clients and agencies, and develop
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and supervise work of
cultural resources staff and/or subconsultants.
- Serve as Project Manager and/or task lead on larger projects,
- Willingness to travel and work under varied weather conditions
and in various terrains.
- Advanced understanding of Section 106 of the National Historic
Preservation Act and other cultural resources compliance laws.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills; basic
computer skills (Microsoft Office products). Preferred
- Oregon Department of Transportation Certified in Cultural
Resources a plus.
- Certification by Oregon State Historic Preservation Office to
conduct archaeological excavations a plus.
- Experience/capabilities with GIS and/or remote data collection
tools and applications (e.g., Trimble, etc.) a plus.
- Other technical skills and specialties (i.e., lithic analysis,
flotation, etc.) a plus.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of
our employee-owned culture is a must. Why HDR At HDR, we know work
isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and
how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture
shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on
each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great
things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the
same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple
growth opportunities along the way. Primary Location : United
States-Washington-Bellevue Other Locations : United
States-Oregon-Portland, United States-Washington-Olympia, United
States-Washington-Vancouver, United States-Washington-Seattle
Schedule : Full-time Employee Status : Regular BusinessClass :
Cultural Resources Job Posting At HDR, we are committed to the
principles of employment equity. We are an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employe r.
We consider all qualified applicants, regardless of arrest and
conviction records. Ready to learn more? Let's work together to
make great things possible. We design solutions to the world's
greatest challenges. We're always looking for great talent to join
our global teams.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Bellevue , Senior Cultural Resources Specialist, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!