Human Relations Generalist
Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: April 4, 2021
- Who We Are
- Working at BBU
- College Recruiting
- All Jobs
- Join Our Talent Network Keyword: Location: Search View All Jobs
at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Bimbo Bakeries USA
- all opportunities
- United States
- Bellevue, NE
- Human Relations Human Relations Generalist in Bellevue, NE at
Bimbo Bakeries USA Date Posted: 13/3/2021 Apply Not ready to Apply?
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
- Job ID:
req20310 Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold--,
Brownberry-- or Oroweat-- bread? A Thomas'-- English muffin or
bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee--, Entenmann's-- or
Marinela-- cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
The Human Relations Generalist (HRG) is a Champion of People,
Diversity and Inclusion. The HRG will support multiple plants,
Plant Managers, local leadership and hourly associates on three
shifts. The HRG is responsible for the HR function providing best
in class services that facilitate greater effectiveness throughout
the bakeries. HRG's have strong labor relations, proven HRG skills
that will engage the business. HRG's have the ability to influence
leadership and ability to link business objectives back to
organizational effectiveness.--Key Job Responsibilities:
- Human Relations Generalist---HRG is a Change Agent and a
Business Partner to their Plant Manager. As an HR Professional, the
HRG is responsible for the ownership of all initiatives for the
plant that are related to the Human Relations Function.
- Administration: Assist in managing headcount, turnover, exit
interviews, and HR invoice processing. Maintain current job
descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing
and organizational needs.
- Associate Learning & Development: Conduct new associate
orientation sessions and other HR related training programs such as
DSDE, 2020 GB Leader, Diversity and Inclusion, Labor Relations and
Respect in the Workplace. Facilitate new hire safety orientation
training and additional training needs assessments as needed by the
- Associate Programs: Administering the annual Benefits Open
Enrollment Process, Safety Perception survey, Pulse quarterly
survey, etc. and answering and responding timely to associates HR
- Associate Relations: Assisting HR Manager with developing and
implementing effective positive associate relations programs and
administration of rewards & recognition.
- Centralized recruiting: Act as the HR point of contact in the
bakery to support the recruiting for salaried positions managed
through Centralized Recruiting and hourly positions through the
Centers of Implementation. Maintain, deliver and--continuously
improve an effective on-boarding program for new hires aligned with
corporate--and local requirements driving retention of top
- Talent Acquisition: Create, deliver and manage an annual hourly
staffing plan. Manage the pipeline of key talent for BBU by
managing open positions through the full recruitment life cycle for
hourly level positions and salaried positions within the
facilities. In the absence of the HR Manager, required to interview
all salaried candidates. Responsible for compliance management for
the recruitment files (e.g., resumes, interview notes, calibration
and selection process).--
- Talent Management: Own and drive the process for the bakery in
regards to associate profiles, goal setting, development plans,
midyear reviews, annual goal evaluation and succession
- HR/Organization Consulting: Required to live, engage in, and
coach others on the E4 Behaviors. Change management facilitation
and organizational consulting with all levels of associates
supporting our Manufacturing Transformation goals.--Manage the
maintenance of HR files and I-9's for compliance.
- Performance Management: Transparent partner by working with the
people managers to determine appropriate course of action with
regard to staffing, hiring, performance management, safety and/or
attendance concerns. Partner as a coach with salaried leaders and
participate in hourly meetings with supervisors and associates.
Lead the process and communication for annual merit and performance
- Policy Management:--Administer and interpret company Policies
and CBA's representing the organization (and/or assisting the HR
Manager) in personnel and employment law compliance related
investigations, grievances and hearings, etc.
- Standard Leader Work: HR Business Partner supporting
- Systems:--Manage monthly HRIS audits and Requisitions. Create
and report out on--HR metrics identifying key trends and the
ability to recommend improvements.
- Assist and support all HR activities/other duties as needed.
Job RequirementsBachelor Degree in business or related field
preferred.Ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years progressive human resource generalist experience in a
manufacturing environment preferred.
- A combination of education, training and experience that
results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Labor Relations experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to be coachable and trainable for
cross-training/development within the HR function in preparation
for future progression.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.--
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the
- Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen,
creative thinking skills and be able to act as a decision maker.The
physical and mental demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy
that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and
employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification
protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment,
including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation,
reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other
working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment
opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action
plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with
disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and
other protected veterans. Apply Not ready to Apply? CHECK OUT OUR
- Human Resources Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Who We Are
- Working at BBU
- Returning Applicants
- Accessibility Statement
- College Recruiting
- Contact Us
- Pay Transparency
- Bimbo Bakeries USA -- 2019
- 255 Business Center Dr., Horsham, PA 19044
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Bellevue , Human Relations Generalist, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!