The Patient Services Representative
is responsible for patient registration, scheduling and triaging
clinical calls for multiple practices and facilities.
Education: High school diploma or
Experience: 0-1-year customer
services experience in a call center, healthcare or retail
Technology Applications: Computer
savvy with ability to navigate between multiple systems
simultaneously. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use
hands to finger, handle or fell objects, tools, or controls; reach
with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, bend,
crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20
pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended
use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment with
routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical
in the work environment is typical for an office and/or medical
FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual
must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without
a reasonable accommodation.
- Greets patients, registering and scheduling as
- Triages and routes clinical calls as
- Assists patients with necessary paperwork as
- Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly
- Escalates questions/issues to appropriate resources as
- Meets department productivity standards
- Maintains an understanding of billing information to
assist providers and medical staff.
- Maintains an understanding of services provided by
Practitioner and location.
- Enters referral information as appropriate.
- Files and pulls medical charts as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.