Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE's Generation & Transmission Development team is looking for
qualified candidates to fill an open Sr Engineer - Trade Floor &
Puget Sound Energy's Energy Delivery Department is looking for a
Senior Engineer to join our team!
This position supports the Trade Floor, Resource Acquisition,
Integrated Resource Planning, and PSE's Transmission Groups. The
ideal candidate manages the BPA relationship, transmission
contracts, transmission requests, interconnection requests, large
generator interconnection agreements and supports California ISO
organized market activities (Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) and
Extended Day Ahead Market (EDAM)). Performing power flow studies to
prepare PSE marketing for possible curtailments that affect daily
operations are also a key responsibility of this position. There
will be opportunities to engage in regional transmission related
policy, such as NorthernGrid, BPA and NWPP. This Engineer supports
PSE rate case filings, assists in PSE's IRP and RFP processes, and
fulfills transmission related data requests for all filings and
audits. The candidate will also support emerging transmission work
to meet the Clean Energy Transformation Act.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within
PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the
communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where
all employees are valued, respected and provided with the
opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a
comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation,
annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style
benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an
employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do
great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Provides subject matter expertise on FERC Open Access
Transmission Tariffs and associated Business Practices
- Develops and implements strategies to optimize PSE's
transmission portfolio for Trade Floor operations
- Tracks regulatory policies including BPA rate case and tariff
proceedings and Business Practice changes
- Provides subject matter expertise for evaluating resource
proposals in PSE RFPs.
- Supports IRP planning processes including modeling transmission
scenarios, optimizing transmission for resources, and preparing
- Prepares draft testimony with the Trade Floor for WUTC rate
- Conducts analyses of long-term and short-term transmission
availability, and submits and reviews transmission and
- Routinely performs power flow studies in PowerWorld for future
planned transmission outages
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree or PE license in electrical,
mechanical, civil or other appropriate engineering field.
- Substantial experience in planning, design, specification
preparation, technical field work, project cost estimating and
scheduling (typically achieved after 8 or more years practice as a
degreed engineer). Years of acquired experience is provided as a
guide and alone does not constitute readiness for job level as
individual's skill acquisition rates can vary significantly.
- Demonstrated organization, documentation, prioritization, and
project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of merchant transmission
contracts, FERC generator interconnection process and FERC Open
Access Transmission Tariffs
- Understanding of merchant transmission needs in the context of
long-term resource planning, IRP and RFP processes
- Working knowledge of EIM operations and procedures
- Working knowledge of balancing authority and transmission
- Knowledge of Western Interconnection, BPA and Pacific Northwest
energy policy issues, and BPA transmission policies
- Understanding of the Pacific Northwest Regional transmission
- Experience using PowerWorld powerflow software
- Possession of or ability to acquire a Professional Engineering
- Knowledge of engineering economics and utility accounting
- Experience working on complex engineering projects
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Res