Senior Vendor Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you
rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the
status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the
direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise
the bar on customer experience!
Amazon is looking for a Sr. Vendor Manager to join the Last Mile
organization who will work to drive performance within our rapidly
growing transportation network. As a Senior Vendor Manager on the
Asset Management and Fleet Products team, you will be responsible
for oversight of fleet management companies that deploy and
maintain our delivery vehicle. You will work to dive into data and
focus on details to ensure the right inputs are top of mind for our
customers and stakeholders.
- Own vendor relationships and performance.
- Track existing or set up new metrics as required to validate
- Lead negotiations with the vendors setting new KPI's and
service level agreements based on organizational requirements.
- Liaise with vendors in daily meetings to understand issues and
barriers to meeting performance targets.
- Develop and implement performance improvement plans, working
cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report on performance in weekly and monthly forums with senior
- Set measurable targets that align with the overall goals of the
- Set out the strategic vision for fleet vendor management for
the future years.
- Be an ambassador for Amazon to vendors.
- Build expertise in the understanding of logistics and
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years professional experience as a Vendor manager, Account
Manager, Operations Manager, or related occupation.
- 5+ years experience influencing and recommending solutions to
- 5+ years experience in developing structural solutions to
- 5+ years experience building relationships, negotiating, and
influencing key stakeholders, internal and external partners to
- Experience with supply chain management and transportation
concepts such as planning, scheduling, logistics, delivery
performance, carrier performance.
- Academic focus in Engineering, Math, Business or Supply Chain
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills; sound business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Senior Vendor Manager, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!