Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether were caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, youll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If youre looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Provides social worker assessment and treatment; assisting
patients and families in the patient's place of residence as
prescribed by a Physician. The Social Worker assists the patient
and family with health related financial, social and emotional
concerns and assists with effective coping skills.
- Provides Social Work Services in accordance with the Physicians
plan of care.
- Demonstrates competency in the skills required by the care
- Performs accurate and comprehensive assessments.
- Ensures that changes in the patients clinical status are
communicated to other healthcare team members and the care center
office staff in a timely manner (documented communication in the
- Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician,
patient/ family, other healthcare team members to facilitate
optimal patient outcomes.
- Provides medical social work interventions and treatment based
on an ongoing patient assessment/ reassessment and in accordance
with Physician orders.
- Educates the patient and family members and other team members
on medical social work interventions and treatment plan.
- Performs care planning, transfer and discharge functions in
accordance with care center policy and applicable laws, regulations
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences/ patient
care conferences in accordance with care center policy.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care
progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to
policies. Submits accurate and timely documentation per care center
- Identifies risks or threats to the patients health in the
patients environment and promptly implements appropriate
interventions to reduce risks. Communicates identification of
risks/ threats to the patient to the Physician and other members of
the healthcare team to coordinate care effectively.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources, identifying
appropriate resources to meet patient and family needs to
facilitate optimal outcomes.
- Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
- Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Complies with the care centers policies.
- Participates in the agencys Quality Assessment Performance
Improvement Program and activities.
- Participates in in-service programs and provides educational
in-service programs to agency staff as requested.
- Holds a Masters or Doctoral degree from a school of social work
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; and
- Has 1 (one) year of social work experience in a health care
- Meets state and federal requirements for this position.
- Current CPR certification
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Most states specifically require a professional state license or
certification to practice as a Medical Social Worker in home
health. (LGSW, LMSW, LCSW, LICSW, LISW, CMSW)
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees