Senior Database Engineer - Database Automation/Database Developer-GovCloud
Company: Salesforce.com, Inc
Posted on: May 6, 2021
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying
for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not
duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob
DetailsAre you a Database Engineer with DevOps experience, interest
in databases and passion to build resilient, distributed
infrastructure? Do you love to work on Infrastructure automation?
We are looking for you!We are looking for an experienced Database
Engineer with DevOps experience to join the teams that build the
critical services that keep our databases and applications running
smoothly. You will help deliver game-changing technology that
delivers leading edge database services. Be part of the team that
solves infrastructure deployment issues with software, delivers
high velocity and high quality infrastructure in specialized public
- Design and development of the core database infrastructure and
- You will transform human heavy processes into automated
- Come up with innovative ideas to improve performance,
scalability and resilience in a large-scale database system.
- Implement comprehensive functional and system-test for your
area of responsibility and for overall database quality
- Debug, conduct root cause analysis, diagnose defects
- Actively participate in database automation and feature
enhancement on premise and in Public cloud platform.
- Responsibility and accountability for the availability and
reliability of all Production Databases.
- Working with other Engineering teams to triage issues.
- Perform complex root cause Analysis of problems and
subsequently, make and implement recommendations to prevent future
occurrences or customer impact.
- Define, develop and deploy system monitoring
requirements/thresholds as well as corrective actions. Improve the
system reliability via predictive analysis.
- Design, develop, deploy, and enhance automation to reliably
manage the platform infrastructure.
- Designing, scaling out services in our multi-tenant
- Collaborate with and provide detailed feedback to
internal/External Database cloud stakeholders on resiliency
- Provides technical and platform support to multiple customers
and stakeholders that use the production systems.Qualifications
- 3+ years working experience in scripting/programming language
(Python, Java, Shell Script)
- Strong experience in developing database automation frameworks
for complex systems
- Ability to support/resolve critical production issues with
excellent automation skills and debugging capability
- Strong understanding of Oracle relational database, data
structures, design patterns, concurrency, and scalability
- Develop innovative, scalable, resilient and fault tolerant
software/tools to support production database operations
- Exposure to Oracle High Availability features such as Oracle
RAC, Data guard.
- Knowledge of production database support tasks, such as
Monitoring, Security, Capacity Planning, Troubleshooting, database
patching, backup and recovery strategies
- 3+ years experience in deploying with a CI/CD orchestration
service (Jenkins, Spinnaker) to establish a consistent and
automated way to build, package, and test applications.
- Experience in deploying distributed apps with containers
(Docker), Terraform & orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS, GKS)
- Experience in a Linux cloud environment with fluency in command
line interfaces and shell scripting Bash, Shell
- Have a passion for working together as a team and ensuring team
- A self-starter with positive attitude and willingness to new
concepts and acceptance of challenges
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsPreferred Skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Technical Field
- Experience in GitHub management, AWS ElasticSearch Service
- Experience in any of the monitoring tools like Grafana,
Graphite, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Open source community contribution and involvement.U.S. citizen
(U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. You
agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a
Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government or
other clearances as deemed appropriate for the
role.***LI-YAccommodations - If you require assistance due to a
disability applying for open positions please submit a request via
this Accommodations Request Form.
StatementAt Salesforce we believe that the business of business is
to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility
to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are
committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through
inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee
resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about
Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.Salesforce.com and
Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age,
marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited
headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org
will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a
signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.Salesforce
welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records.This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born
or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to
complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation
(MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position.Founded in 1999,
Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management
(CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to
transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing,
commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way.
We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers,
and, hopefully, our world.Salesforce is built on a set of four core
values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By
making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future
with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our
company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one
of the Most Admired Companies in the World and one of the 100 Best
Companies to Work For eleven years in a row, and named Innovator of
the Decade and one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies eight
years in a row by Forbes.There are those who choose to work with
the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do
more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only
their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing
something thats so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and
their company.We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join
Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
Keywords: Salesforce.com, Inc, Bellevue , Senior Database Engineer - Database Automation/Database Developer-GovCloud, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!