Principal/Senior Scientist, Protein Sciences
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Our client is seeking highly motivated and creative scientists
to help us develop life-changing diagnostics and therapeutics for
Alzheimer’s Disease. The Scientist uses deep knowledge of
scientific principles and concepts along with technical and
analytical proficiency, thoughtful scientific creativity, dogged
determination, collaboration with others, and an enthusiastic
spirit to tackle a formidable devastating disease. You have
experience in neurodegeneration, diagnostic or drug development,
and/or developing and engineering new approaches in this area. You
have a strong background in data analysis and attention to detail.
You are meticulous while being boldly creative. You always remain
focused on the human objective: early diagnosis and treatment for
patients and a sense of urgency as part of a dynamic, committed
You may lead a project or initiative involving other
contributors. You may supervise the activities of more junior
personnel and be responsible for driving the development of those
employees. You will contribute toward peer-reviewed publications,
the invention of IP, internal reports, and/or regulatory filings.
You are eager to learn new techniques and approaches
- Contribute to preclinical in-house development of therapeutic
candidates and pre-IND development activities
- Lead significant components of drug development or other
- Contribute to diagnostic development, optimization, and
- Contribute toward regulatory studies and clinical trials of
- Independently design, execute and interpret multiple studies.
Design experiments to be carried out by self and others.
- Motivate and support others, setting clear goals and
- Author and review technical reports, manufacturing documents,
regulatory submissions, and publications
- Present at department, project team, and senior management
meetings. May present externally at scientific conferences
- Deep knowledge of peptide/protein chemistry, structures, and
interactions. Strong in analytical, organic, and physical chemistry
- Good understanding of analytical and conformational protein
characterization (including HPLC, MS, CD, functional assays)
- Experience with peptide therapeutics and their delivery
- Experience with ELISAs, cell culture, handling human samples,
chemical modifications, protein structural studies, planning animal
experiments, analytical techniques, statistical analysis of
results, pharmaceutical formulation, assay optimization
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering,
bioengineering, or related field with 3+ years of industry or
The client offers a competitive compensation package as well
as a benefits program designed to support the well-being of our
employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and group life insurance.
The client is an equal opportunity employer with the desire
for diversity of all types. All qualified applications will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender
identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status,
national origin, disability, or any other status protected by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Bevov, Bellevue , Principal/Senior Scientist, Protein Sciences, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!