Senior Program Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Do you have an obsession for innovation? Do you have proven
analytical capabilities, ability to multi-task and thrive in a
fast-paced environment, exceptional communication and project
management skills, and ability to dive deep, root cause and
permanently eliminate defects?
The Vendor Flex (VF) team is seeking a qualified Sr. Program
Manager to drive network wide projects and innovate new processes
at scale during Amazon's explosive growth. VF is an adaptable and
just-in-time supply chain solution that lowers fulfillment costs
for Amazon by directly shipping customer orders out of a vendor's
warehouse. VF is uniquely positioned to complement and enhance the
Amazon Fulfillment Network (AFN), by leveraging a low cost
fulfillment structure and rapid replenishment capabilities to
decrease supply chain complexity and cost.
In this role, you will partner with operations leaders and
stakeholders to drive innovation and standardization at the
fulfillment center level, driving network wide projects that span a
broad spectrum of multi-functional aspects of the business. You
will be responsible for standardizing a rapidly growing business,
identifying process improvements that drive incremental value and
reducing non-value aspects of the business while at the same time
developing and enhancing operational standardization across
multiple process paths. This high impact, high visibility role,
spans across 90+ sites, 30+ vendors and multiple product types
(Sortable, Non-sort, mixed, and heavy bulky).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Drive network level excellence through designing and
implementing systems, metrics, and programs that drive adoption and
- Influence standard operating procedures and standardization
across similar vendor nodes in order to optimize operational flow
- Mentor VF leadership in lean principles; define and drive
adoption of standard work into the daily work and habits of
delivery station staff.
- Provide metrics inputs to various reporting decks; communicate
key performance indicators to the VF leadership in support of
- Drive creation, confirm data integrity, & ensure accessibility
on key indicators of performance for the network, allowing leaders
to focus energy on driving performance.
This role will involve about 15-25% travel to North American
Vendor Flex sites.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years program management experience
- Experience in Excel and analyzing data
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizan tools
- Experience using and communicating performance metrics
- Master's Degree or Master's in Business Administration
- Certifications in Six Sigma or Lean
- Experience with influencing others without having positional
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience deep diving in order to develop innovative ideas for
process and metric improvements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Senior Program Manager, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!