Software Development Engineer - Inclusive Tech
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a passionate SDE to build mechanisms that
fosters an inclusive environment for all employees through the
design, development, and implementation of Amazon's tools,
interfaces, and documentation. You will partner with engineers
across Amazon Retail, Digital, and AWS to implement scalable
solutions that help detect, prevent, and audit the use of
non-inclusive terms across internal repositories. You will be
designing solutions that seamlessly integrate with document and
code repositories across Amazon, built using the latest AWS
technologies. This is an opportunity to build a team from the
ground up, interface with dozens of teams across Consumer, Digital,
and AWS, and change the culture of Amazon.
You will coordinate with your team to build mechanisms that
improve communication, education, and awareness strategy with the
support of your technical program managers and trainers. You will
build tools and processes that enable detection, cataloging,
attribution, remediation, prevention, and exception handling of
non-inclusive language. You will develop closed-loop mechanisms and
reporting to audit metadata looking for non-inclusive language and
drive enterprise-wide campaigns to remediate outstanding
The ideal candidate is excited by the challenge to improve
Amazon's culture of diversity, equality, and inclusiveness. You are
someone who loves to deep dive problems and makes intelligent
decisions at scale. You thrive in an environment where the problem
is not precisely written down, and are comfortable setting your own
path. You will have significant influence on the overall strategy
by helping define features, drive the system architecture, and
spearhead the best practices that improve accuracy and
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing end-to-end solutions that
automatically improve software architecture
- Building data pipelines to gain insights from the systems
datasets available in the Systems Intelligence data lake
- Working closely with Data Scientists and Applied Scientists to
- Developing engineering automation to integrate with systems
- Engaging with customers and building decision support
interfaces for developers and technical leaders
- Mentoring other engineers
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
related technical discipline.
- Computer Science and development fundamentals, including
object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and
- 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best
practices for the full software development life cycle, including
coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing and operations.
- Experience building large-scale software systems that have been
successfully delivered to customers.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically
ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software
systems and all points in between.
- Experience developing complex software systems that have
successfully been delivered to customers
- Exposure to Machine Learning/deep learning projects
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, and/or
statistical analysis tools and software such as Familiarity with
professional software engineering & best practices for full
software development life cycle, including coding standards, code
reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or
software developers in all aspects of their engineering
- Experience and/or a strong interest in machine learning
software systems and big data software systems.
- Experience communicating with users, software development
engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe
software product features and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Software Development Engineer - Inclusive Tech, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!