Sr Engineer, Data
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of the Analytics
Technology team which is responsible for the development,
implementation, quality, and reliability of our analytics and data
collection technology. You will be responsible for building a
system designed to monitor and alert for data anomalies and
outliers, with the end goal of proactively acting upon detected
data fluctuations and undesired changes in data patterns. Data is
foundational to be able to drive our business and enable us to move
forward, and you will play an integral part of ensuring we can do
so confidently, effectively, and efficiently. You are an individual
who has expertise in data architecture and development. You will
work very closely with Data Collection and Tagging teams, IT
partners, product managers, MarTech and AdTech ecosystem teams
while understanding the owned and paid media data ecosystems, and
help cross-functional organizations with ad hoc data reporting,
root cause analysis, and monitor conversion tracking and media
- At least 18 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Pre-employment background screen.
- Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science or related Required
- Preferred Master's Degree in Computer Science or related
- At least 3 - 5 years developing solutions using cloud platforms
(Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Expert level ETL experience (3+ years) using Big Data
- Expert level programming skills (3+ years) in at least one
major language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ with proven
experience in developing and deploying ETL pipelines.
- Expert level experience in SQL (5+ years) with multiple
successful projects using any RDBMS (database/data warehouse) such
as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MY-SQL, MS-SQL Server, Teradata, Azure Data
Warehouse or AWS Redshift or Snowflake etc.
- 2 years of experience in handling at least one or more of these
different file formats like CSV, TEXT, JSON, Parquet, Avro, ORC,
YAML or similar.
- 2 years of experience with UNIX/Linux operating system commands
and shell scripting (like bash, ksh or csh) with application to
- 2+ years of experience in RESTful and server-to-server
- 1 year of experience in AZURE cloud with working knowledge in
Databricks, Azure Data Factory and BLOB storage.
- Familiar with processing and analyzing paid media data like
advertisements on TV & social media data and customer journey
- 1 year of experience in streaming technologies like Apache
Kafka or Spark Streaming or Apache Storm or Apache Flink or any
- 1 year of experience in data visualization tools like Tableau
or Power BI
- Hands on experience in applying A/B testing, time-series
analysis, and machine learning algorithms like Linear/Non-Linear
regression, Logistic Regression, K-Means Clustering, and Random
- 1 year experience in NoSQL databases like HBase, Dynamo DB,
Cosmos DB, MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Familiarity with general cloud technologies (AWS or Microsoft
Azure or Google cloud)
- Design, architect, and develop data architectures in
on-premise, cloud and hybrid platforms, supporting key datasets
that provide structured and timely access to meaningful business
- Collaborate with other team members on analysis, architecture,
design, and development of data warehouse and business analytics
- Develop real-time and batch data pipelines, that are reliable,
scalable, and highly available, using different sources including
first and third party RESTful API and databases.
- Collaborate with different domain experts, data users and
managers/directors to understand the business problem and design
robust data engineering solutions.
- Work with internal partners to ensure reliable data for
analysis and downstream paid and owned media operations.
- Explore, understand, define, and analyze data to develop
meaningful solutions and always stay on top of changing data needs
- Mentor other team members in their efforts to build data
Technology and System:
- Builds and configures tools and dashboards to perform regular
data health checks and reconciliations on user behavior and media
partner data, and seamlessly incorporates data from existing and
emerging T-Mobile lines of businesses.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis, data QA, root cause analysis and
investigations to uncover data discrepancies among owned and paid
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep
understanding of how data is collected and stored for downstream
analysis and owned and paid media operations.
- Explore and prototype upcoming data QA techniques, health check
tools and provide recommendations.
Project and Product Management:
- Works with management and teams to understand project and
business priorities and proceeds accordingly.
- Constantly improves the development and configuration
processes, tools and methodologies.
- Ensures high quality and reliability of data using efficient
tools, audit, governance and ad hoc reports on time and within
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made
without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status,
veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state,
or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon
any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business
and will not be tolerated.
Keywords: T-Mobile, Bellevue , Sr Engineer, Data, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!