Senior Software Engineer #PowerBI
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Do you want to work on an innovative, industry-leading database
engine, powering a very successful and rapidly growing business
Would you enjoy working on a high-performance database system
featuring a lightning fast and highly optimized storage engine and
a state of the art query execution engine, capable of responding in
milliseconds to complex queries over large amounts of data?
Do you want to be part of a team that values everyone's ideas
and strives to help each other grow, succeed and build lasting
technology that positively impacts millions of users?
If so, let us know! We would love to chat with you.
We are the Analysis Services Engine team, and the technology
that we are building is at the core of the Power BI service and the
analytics database engine in the highly successful SQL Server
product line. With millions of Power BI users, we'd love to have
you join us in building technology that empowers users to fluently
interact and get insight into their data.
We are investing into large-scale analytics as well as enabling
new and innovative new scenarios for Power BI. We are looking for
engineers who enjoy systems programming, and are passionate about
transforming great ideas into amazing features.
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on experience in server/cloud-service
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or related field
- BS degree with 9+ years of experience or Master's degree with
7+years of experience
- Software development experience in C++, C, C# or
- Great problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithm
- Cloud software, PaaS, and/or SaaS development experience
- Experience in database technology, server-side software or
online distributed services
- Passion about systems programming areas
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven, pro-active
- Ability to collaborate with team members and develop innovative
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security
screening requirements are required for this role. These
requirements include but are not limited to the following
specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud
background check upon hire/transfer and every two years
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Analysis Services team, you
will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the analytics
engine as well as to cloud services built on top of it:
- Design, write and deliver software, to improve the
availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security,
resiliency, and efficiency of a service/product.
- Collaborate with internal Microsoft and Power BI partner teams
to develop and integrate technology.
- Write automated unit and integration tests.
- Contribute to debugging, troubleshooting complete stack of a
service/product and drive analysis of an outage
- Write software and build automation to resolve problems
- Participate actively in architecture and code reviews,
bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed
decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Drive design discussions, lead execution of feature work, code
core components and mentor junior engineers.
- You will be directly involved with developing and delivering
innovative features and great end to end customer experiences and
be responsible for efficient execution and delivering projects on
time with high quality.
- Help and support customers to successfully use our
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking to build
long-lasting, high quality products
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Bellevue , Senior Software Engineer #PowerBI, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!