eBay empowers economic opportunity for all by connecting more
than 170 million buyers with our worldwide network of sellers.
Design Director roles with our Core Product Design team at eBay
help to drive billions of dollars of revenue for our worldwide
network. At eBay Design, we empower entrepreneurs by providing
tools, services, reporting and recommendations with beautiful
utility and we create uniquely branded buying experiences that
delight our buyers. We work across the product development cycle
and pride ourselves for solving really big problems with design
thinking. You will work collaboratively with our research, design,
product and engineering teams.
Responsibilities range from leading a team in ideation,
communications, and interfaces for eBay Buyers and Sellers to
making things elegant, beautiful, smart, and driving engagement and
loyalty to eBay. You'll bring a strong attention to detail, a
strong point of view and strong leadership skills, as well as an
eagerness to solve design problems at scale.
You lead your team to work collaboratively, across disciplines
and across web & mobile experiences. You've successfully built
products for Web, iOS and Android. You understand the philosophy
behind the touch experiences, self-service tools, eCommerce or
You love a challenge and are ready to help reinvigorate one of
the internet's biggest and best brands. You care about making great
products, empowering talented designers and are willing to design
and iterate, to get to the best.
You have the ability to negotiate and evolve design with
stakeholders and ensure the integrity of the design is upheld. You
should be an inspiration to our teams, understand established
design patterns and best practices, and always feel the need to
- Create and lead a team to create, world-class, user-centered
experiences for native and web, incorporating business
requirements, product learning, and customer feedback
- Design and support the experience architecture, UI, and
interaction flow of new business seller tools
- Help develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups,
- Communicate your team's design work and negotiate future
direction with your team, peers, researchers, design leaders,
product partners, and executives
- Attract and develop bar-raising talent. You are responsible for
making the right hiring decisions, onboarding and continuously
developing your team.
- Curious minds and an appetite for learning
- A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of
- Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion as it is core to
who we are and is at the heart of what we stand for.
- Fearless brainstorming
- Passion for the craft and the ability to showcase ideas with
the latest design / prototyping tools.
- A user-centric and strategic approach.
- Strong interest in and following of the latest design trends,
technology and social.
- Design Team leadership.
- Mobile design expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as an interaction designer or similar
- A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and
includes your process, design explorations and final work.
- Able to understand detail and find radically simple solutions
that delight users.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision or
- Experience partnering with product and developers to deliver
- Portfolio submission required.
- Master's degree in Design or a design-related field
- Ability to work independently, manage uncertainty and switch
between discovery and delivery tracks in a single conversation
- Experience in visual design, prototyping, user research, motion
design, design sprints
- Experience designing for small businesses, financial products
or with complex information sets
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for
the work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing
family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of
comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to
help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead
because we know feeling financially secure during your working
years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by
connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives,
and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just
something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do
each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee,
you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel
safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your
unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion
click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of
buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic
opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and
organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190
markets around the world. Looking for a company that inspires
passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team
shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions
of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're
interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated
to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay - a
company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally
protected status. If you are unable to submit an application
because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability,
please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to
respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the
Law Poster Supplement