Senior Manager, Cargo Management
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Amazon Air is a team within Amazon that designs and runs a large
network of 70+ dedicated wide-body and narrow-body cargo
freighters. Amazon Air is seeking highly motivated individuals to
identify and develop game-changing air transportation solutions for
Amazon's middle-mile transportation network, with the aim of
ultimately improving our customers' experience. Work will make a
significant, measurable impact on the business goals for Amazon
As Senior Manager, you will be responsible for serving as a key
leader of the Cargo Management team and defining and delivering the
strategy to expand the Cargo program. You will work with senior
leaders to build and approve business and financial plans of
record, partner with operations teams to design and incubate
operating plans, define organization structures and prepare for new
launches. If you want to work for a great company, have the
opportunity to innovate, manage, and create new air and ground
solutions and most importantly love to delight our customers, then
join us in making Amazon history!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as a key leader of the Cargo Management team and
defining and delivering the strategy to expand the Cargo
- Effectively partnering with internal business units to manage
the expansion of the Cargo program
- Managing both executive and working-level relationships
- Communicating goals, roles, responsibilities and desired
outcomes to cross-functional project teams to gain buy-in and
deliver to project schedules
- Managing and coordinating multiple project assignments that
continuously improve customers' experience and developing best in
class air cargo capabilities.
- Addressing barriers through problem solving, communication and
active coordination with stakeholders
- Working within time constraints to meet business critical needs
(often managing multiple, time-sensitive and high priority
initiatives simultaneously), while measuring and identifying
activities performed and ensuring service requirements are
- Systematically escalating problems or variances in the
operating plan to the relevant owners and teams, following through
to resolution to ensure they are delivered.
- Preparing and delivering business reviews to senior leadership
updating on progress and roadblocks.
Domestic travel may be required up to 20% of the time.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration,
Industrial Engineering, Logistics or similar field from an
- 8+ years of experience in air cargo or logistics or 5 years of
- Completed Master's Degree in Business Administration,
Logistics, Operations Research or similar field from an accredited
university. MBA preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Senior Manager, Cargo Management, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!