Sr Program Manager, Road Safety Standards
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Since our start in
1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings,
international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment centers
and delivery stations. Our focus on the customer and innovation
drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more types of
products, more conveniently, and at even lower prices.
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate self-starter to join the
Global Road Safety team as Senior Program Manager, Safety
Standards. This role will be focused on development and review of
standards and procedures related to transportation safety,
including creating and updating standards with a global and
regional scope. Amazon is constantly innovating and our documents
must evolve with the business to ensure we maintain the highest
safety standards for our Associates, third party delivery
providers, and the general public.
Your standards creation and updates will be informed by
regulatory, consensus standards, and assessments from
subject-matter experts within transportation operations. This role
requires scoping large projects, managing project timelines,
identifying safety gaps, and communicating to senior management on
safety risks. Cross-team coordination, project management,
executive presentation skills, a penchant for process improvement,
and a proven history of delivering results are essential for
success. A bias for action and comfort in dealing with ambiguity
are a must. Often times it will not be clear how we will reach our
end goal; you will be expected to help carve a path by taking risks
and be willing to try new things, fail fast then iterate. Strong
analytics and safety experience will be valued in an applicant.
The role will be based in either Bellevue or Nashville.
- Develop, review, approve and improve Global Road Safety
standards and procedures within an ISO 45001 management
- Develop and provide guidance to site and business specific
program elements to comply with safety standards.
- Define and implement metrics to measure and communicate program
- Work with stakeholders and partners, including Operations,
Audits, and Training to develop programs effectively and support
- Continuous process improvement; use the right metrics to
measure standards quality and opportunities. Look around corners
and anticipate safety challenges/obstacles the business could face
and proactively developing a plan to address.
5-10 years in a transportation, last mile delivery, safety,
audit, or risk position.
- 3-5 years of standards, procedures, or technical writing
- ISO Standards and Safety Management System development and
implementation experience required; ISO 45001 experience strongly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that convey
complex ideas in a simplified manner.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience leading complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
Ability to successfully manage complex and competing projects.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional
- Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking
to creative and detailed execution.
Experience writing standards/procedures within an ISO 45001
- Experience working with international partners.
- Experience with transportation safety regulations in US (e.g.
OSHA, DOT), Canada, EU, India, Japan, and other geographies.
- Systems thinking; able to recognize patterns and trends in
data, content and customer needs, which will drive program design
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on
- Experience using exceptional judgment in managing projects with
high potential impact.
- Preferred to possess or be working towards a certification
related to safety, audit, or risk.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Sr Program Manager, Road Safety Standards, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!