The T-Mobile Retail Frontline Experience Product & Technology
team is searching for a Product Manager, Technical to drive growth
and expansion of our Proof of Concept product development model.
This role will need to have a keen understanding of the retail
landscape (brick and mortar and digital/omni-channel concepts) and
how customers want to learn and transact within that landscape.
This team is focused on rapidly developing and testing new concepts
in Retail, giving customer and our frontline Mobile Experts new
ways to engage and interact with T-Mobile. The Product Manager,
Technical for this team will own the sustainment and enhancement
roadmap for existing products, as well as managing any new POC
concepts that come into our intake pipeline.
In addition to the above responsibilities, this Product Manager,
Technical will play a significant role in helping the overall
intake and assessment process for new projects coming in to Retail
Frontline Experience. This will include high-level level of effort
assessments prior to concept submission as well as driving detailed
assessments as projects enter the funnel. This will require strong
collaboration and organizational skills, working across multiple
organizations and across geography with subject matter experts in
all of our lines of business. This will also require strong
communication skills, both with the working teams to ensure
concepts and desired results are understood, as well as with
business owners and leadership to provide the outcomes of those
assessments. The Product Manager, Technical will be a professional
relationship builder with a high degree of technical acumen and a
strong understanding of the Agile development framework and how to
implement it in practice on a day-to-day basis.
Success in this role means being nimble and able to pivot as the
needs of the business pivot. It requires in-depth knowledge and
experience with Agile software development and helping teams with
their continuing Agile transformation. Broad technical capability
and knowledge is a must, as the proof of concept work may stray
from established enterprise technical norms, requiring creative
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or
5+ years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile
software product development environment.
3+ years experience in hands on technical role writing
production code, solution engineering, or technical architecture in
large scale company/ application/product environment.
Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum
methodologies and other commonly used tools.
Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills
including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different
Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop
Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can
Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology
initiatives as Product Manager or lead technology role.
Develops adoption tools and training material.
Manages development of adoption tools and training materials for
Technical Product Management team.
Scrum Product Owner Certification ( CSPO)
Agile Certified Practitioner ( PMI- ACP)
Vision, Strategy, and Analysis
- Owns product end to end for products or feature. This includes
creating, managing, maintaining, and communicating product vision
and roadmap including technical vision and capabilities.
- Partners with business and internal/external stakeholders to
understand current customer experience, conduct end user research,
review user experience data and identify areas of opportunity.
- Leverages rapid hypothesis driven testing methodologies and
experiments (i.e. paper prototype, A/B testing, etc.) to inform
direction, prioritize investment.
- Works with stakeholders and follows enterprise process to
secure and maintain product funding.
- Communicates, influences, and sells ideas at Director level and
below. This includes regularly delivering product
- Conducts specific ad hoc analysis and provides insights to
management on request.
- Recommends product feature set or technical improvements to
improve customer experience.
- Leverages customer insights for product vision, strategy,
- Evangelizes and advocates for the customer both internally and
externally, perpetuating the customer-first mindset.
- Tests ideas with real customers to ensure that the product
delivers the desired benefit.
Product Execution & Technical Delivery
- Translates product/platform strategy by writing detailed
features and user stories consumable for Dev teams for moderately
complex products. This work may include creation of
- Collaborates with PM and Dev leaders to design, architect and
assemble effective Agile delivery teams in the Agile Release Train
and Agile Teams.
- Owns and manages product backlog and priorities with our
business and technology partners.
- Scopes and prioritizes activities based on business and
- Ensures existing production defects are factored into regular
backlog prioritization for resolution based on priority.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and Dev / Execution teams to
create and communicate anticipated release schedule.
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time feature
and story elaboration activities across all Agile Teams throughout
- In scaled teams, holds regular meetings and coordination
activities with other PM's and Product Owners (if applicable) to
ensure parallel work is in sync and dependencies are known.
- Generates and maintains dashboards and reports that track
product health and success metrics, technical KPI's.
- Conduct Product Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR's) and Steering
- Runs beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and
- Supports sales, marketing, and other stakeholder teams with
product or technical knowledge and additional documentation.
- Assists with the overall execution relating to all aspects of
the software development process, from defining the strategy and
architecture through deployment and support.
- Accountable for product quality and performance in production
environment. Accountable for product team response in event of
critical or high impacting defect, including communications to
stakeholders at all levels.
- Support and enable core agile practices and tenants: efficient
just-in-time flow; lean practices; elimination of waste; DevOps
Relationship & People, Professional Development
- Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with
many technical and non-technical teams.
- Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or
- Develops adoption tools and training material.
- Manages development of adoption tools and training materials
for Technical Product Management team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made
without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status,
veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state,
or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon
any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business
and will not be tolerated.