Project Manager, Land
Company: KB Homes
Posted on: June 7, 2021
About KB Home
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) is one of the largest and most recognized
homebuilders in the United States and has been building quality
homes for over 60 years. Today, KB Home operates in 38 markets
across eight states, serving a wide array of buyer groups. What
sets us apart is giving our customers the ability to personalize
their homes from homesites and floor plans to cabinets and
countertops, at a price that fits their needs. And as the first
builder ever to make every home we build ENERGY STAR certified, KB
Home is able to not only design thoughtful living spaces but ones
that lower the cost of homeownership. We also work with our
customers every step of the way, building strong personal
relationships so they have a real partner in the homebuying process
and the experience is as simple and easy as possible. Learn more
about how we build homes built on relationships by visiting
JOB SUMMARY: The Project Manager, Land Development is
responsible for managing land assets from project inception through
model opening. This position will provide project management
oversight of land development projects in the field. This includes
the ability to conduct technical feasibilities, secure necessary
entitlements, engineering plans, permits and other governmental or
quasi-governmental approvals needed to develop lots and build
houses. Will be responsible for bidding and hiring contractors and
consultants for all necessary land development and engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare cost estimates, budgets and schedules for all projects,
and track and manage them, accordingly.
- Manage all regulatory compliance processes for assigned
projects from initial planning-construction-acceptance of the
- Coordinate community opening documents for the Land Department
including lot fits, garage orientations, HOA documents and
- Meet and negotiate with necessary public and private entities
(Vendors, City Staff and Council, Engineers, Contractors, State
Agencies, etc.) to facilitate resolution of issues or needs
involving KB HOME projects and communities.
- Attend, and speak on the behalf of KB HOME (as needed), any
necessary City Council meeting, Planning and Zoning meeting, in
order to facilitate the entitlement processes.
- Prepare check request submittals and applications for agency
- Plan and oversee the lot release strategy and process, lot
premium allocation, acquisition of shells and foundation soils, and
distribution of same to internal departments.
- Prepare vendor work agreements and facilitate vendor invoice
- Manage all contractors and vendors to assure completion of all
projects on time and within budget.
- Track dry utility designs and distribution, SWPPP compliance,
bond acquisition and exoneration, lot release distribution, plat
distribution, AS400 input, and daily field operations.
Land Committee Packages
- Prepare monthly budget updates, Ant Tracks, business plans, and
cost estimates and cash flows for Land Packages and actual
- Assist in the review in due diligence and planning for new
- Participate in land planning and all phases of entitlement from
Land Package, Preliminary Plat, Final Plat, Construction Plans, and
- 3-5 years experience in a planning, construction, engineering
or other related real estate development position.
- Prior Residential Homebuilding experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong financial and accounting skills, as well as analytical
and computer skills.
- Knowledge of how KB Home processes, Policies and Procedures,
and Accounting Standardization Policies, and thorough working
knowledge of AS400/J.D. Edwards's system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must work 8-hour days (during core business hours) with
flexibility for longer hours as needed
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to
potential buyers, external business associates and coworkers to
reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best
employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now.
KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings
potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program,
bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an
equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team.
Diversity is important to KB Home!
Keywords: KB Homes, Bellevue , Project Manager, Land, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!