Business Intelligence Engineer III
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you get a lot done. You
work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things. You
have a department-wide view of the analytical solutions that you
build, and you consistently think in terms of automating or
expanding the results company-wide. You have performed multiple
complex, and business critical analyses that serve major parts of
the business. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary -
you drive best practices and set standards for your team. Other
analytical individuals in your department regard you as an expert
in one or more analytical areas.You show strong analysis making
technical trade-offs between your group's short term and long term
business needs, and the needs of the company as a whole. When
confronted with discordant views, you find the best way forward and
convince your team. You are vocally self-critical. You proactively
contribute to knowledge-sharing across the Amazon analytical
community. You demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult
situations with composure and tact.
Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands
business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. Our
environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is
flexible, detail-oriented, passionate about the customer and
comfortable working with numerous stakeholders across the
organization and worldwide.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to help us
extract meaning from large volumes of data to make the right
business decisions. The candidate will have to set the right
vision, strategy and roadmap and work alongside with stakeholders
in the organization to make it happen. The candidate knows and
loves working with business intelligence tools, can model
multidimensional datasets, and can partner effectively with
business leaders to answer key business questions. You are
analytical and creative, and you don't quit.
- Engage with leadership and diversified customer groups to
understand the needs and recommend business intelligence
- Partner with Data engineering team to define the data elements
and data structure that the team should leverage to enable
- Design, implement, and support platforms that provide business
teams ad-hoc access to large datasets (eg data visualization tools
for non-tech business users)
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and
delivering complete reporting solutions.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing
metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions.
- Standardize data and report consumption across all customer
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and
strategies to improve the operational and quality metrics.
- Be connected and influential within the Amazon analyst
community. Work with Data engineering, Software development teams
to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer
- 4+ years of relevant experience one of the following areas:
Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
- 4+ years of experience working with cross functional
- Experience with Business Intelligence technologies like
Tableau, OBIEE etc.
- Experience in managing and prioritizing a project backlog.
- Experience providing leadership and mentor other Business
analysts for the best practices in the data engineering space.
- Experience defining and driving a BI roadmap.
- Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata,
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer,
Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in a company with
large, complex data sources.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed
systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data
- Experience leading a BI Center of Excellence is a plus.
- Experience with scripting tools like Python is a strong
- Experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic
research, recommendations, and implementations.
- Experience using Linux/UNIX to process large data sets.
- Expert-level proficiency in writing complex, highly-optimized
SQL queries across large datasets.
- Demonstrated ability in building and managing Business
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and drive
projects to completion.
- Strong customer engagement experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Business Intelligence Engineer III, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!