Senior Financial Analyst - WW Returns, Recovery & Sustainability
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Not many teams aspire to zero. Welcome to the Worldwide Returns,
ReCommerce, and Sustainability Finance team (WWRR&S Finance) at
Amazon.com. WWRR&S is an agile, innovative organization
dedicated to 'making zero happen' to benefit our customers, our
company, and the environment. Our goal is to achieve four zeroes:
zero cost of returns, zero waste, zero carbon and zero defects.
The WWRR&S Finance team seeks a self-driven Senior Financial
Analyst excited about solving complex problems that have a customer
facing impact, require strategic long-term thinking and help drive
the 4 zeroes.
As a Senior Financial Analyst on the IPAT (Insights, Planning,
Analytics, and Technology) team, you will partner directly with the
business, tech teams, and external partners (FP&A, Retail, FBA,
Relo Operations, EU AMS, CS, etc.) to identify the right business
strategies, help define roadmaps, and provide guidance and
reporting. As a key member of the team, you will directly influence
business decisions including customer experience, business model,
pricing, and long term vision. You will have a strong operational
and controllership mindset as we continue our mission to build
best-in-class reverse logistics processes
The successful candidate has demonstrated the following
abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful
decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They
collaborate with executives and various business units across
Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication
skills. A successful candidate is an effective multitasker, adept
at identifying high-priority work and projects that maximize
results for key stakeholders, and excited about solving complex
problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build
financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make
recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and
influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems
and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets.
Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing
priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data
(both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous
manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex
finance issues clearly.
- Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant
reports that drive cost reductions.
- Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and
team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all
- Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively.
Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive,
collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an
indicator of operations excellence.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a
highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer
- 5+ years of finance experience, or Master's degree and 3+ years
of finance experience
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting
tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other
financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and reporting
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with business
partners and influence decisions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Senior Financial Analyst - WW Returns, Recovery & Sustainability, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!