Finance Manager, Operations Finance
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Who we are: The IPAT Operations Finance team centrally manages
critical business processes and is responsible for instituting
transformative change in finance by providing building blocks for
consistent, infrastructure and infusing technical capabilities such
as software, machine learning, science and business intelligence
that allows FP&A to shift focus to analytical work streams that
will drive better business decisions. As part of the team, you use
statistical methods and cutting edge data pipelines to build
accurate predictive models and deploy automation. You write clear,
insightful forecasts for our most senior leaders. You ultimately
drive decisions that effect millions of global customers.
Career Opportunities: Operations Finance seeks a Finance Manager
to own the planning and reporting processes centrally for
operations: including but not limited to capex, and accounts
payable. Experience in this team opens up several career
opportunities across Amazon. Persons in this role have advancement
opportunities to support different businesses, to lead programs, or
to manage local, regional, or global teams.
- Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand
input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence
strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify
disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the
- With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve,
or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You
improve controls to address financial risk and support
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems
and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets.
Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or
inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates
discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data
(both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous
manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex
finance issues clearly.
- Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve,
automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive
dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive
- Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently.
Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks
feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent
issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
- Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks
opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events,
initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and
outside of your team.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive,
collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an
indicator of operations excellence.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a
highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
- Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and
5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting
tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial
systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Finance Manager, Operations Finance, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!