Manager, Transportation Procurement and Strategy
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
This role will focus on leading vendor negotiations, developing
consistent negotiation methodology, and delivering results through
improved financial results, delivery performance, or capacity. This
role will be expected to manage multiple negotiations,
concurrently, directly and indirectly through a team. This leader
will be expected to contribute significantly to overall
transportation and supply chain strategy and ensure that vendor
relationships and contracts support the long-term strategy. In this
role, you will be responsible for delivering successful
negotiations at significant scale ($50M or more in total spend),
senior leadership involvement with external vendors, and thought
leadership within procurement and/or transportation.
Role responsibilities will index on the below key skills and
- Negotiator: Delivering improved financial performance through
large scale negotiations for services contracts
- Leader: Leading teams to build a track record of consistently
delivering valuable projects
- Strategist: Leading strategy for individual procurement
projects and the overall procurement function to support all the
goals of the business, not just financial goals
- Doer: Successfully delivering end-to-end contract projects,
working through the many obstacles along the way
- Communicator: Communicating expectations and requirements
equally well with external and internal leadership teams, and
writing well-reasoned data-driven proposals, performing your own
data analysis as necessary
- Problem Solver: Utilizing exceptional problem-solving skills to
work through difficult challenges
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 3+ years in a procurement capacity.
- 5+ years of transportation and supply chain experience.
- 3+ years of experience negotiating multi-million dollar
- 5+ years of experience working with cross functional teams
across multiple business lanes.
- 3+ years of experience creating, defining, and implementing
- Ability to perform data analysis using MS Excel and/or
- MBA, MS or MA (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering,
Mathematics or Equivalent)
- 5+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive
health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a
challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women /
Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Manager, Transportation Procurement and Strategy, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!