Director - Business Development
Company: Waggener Edstrom
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Director of Business Development works with senior
leadership in our Consumer, Healthcare, and Technology sectors to
qualify, progress and close new business opportunities, which
includes managing and supporting priority RFPs and pitch
presentations. You'll work in partnership with others across the
North America region to showcase our ideas, capabilities and people
in compelling ways that can move our prospective clients' business
forward. You'll also support the agency's Proactive Pursuits
Program, working with leadership across the agency to identify,
engage and convert prospective clients. This role reports to the
Senior Vice President of Business Development.
- Manage incoming new business opportunities including qualifying
opportunities against the agency's criteria and providing
recommendations on whether to pursue.
- Provide strategic counsel to internal clients on all aspects of
progressing the qualified opportunities through to completion
ensuring high quality deliverables and full client
- Manage active prospects and projects by setting priorities and
expectations, problem solving, communicating ongoing status updates
to the team and ensuring follow up is taking place along agreed
upon timelines. This requires liaising with specialist resource
throughout each stage of the proposal/pitch development process
include research and creative data analysis, planning and
- Manage and coach pitch teams to finalize presentation content
and ensure each member of the team is 'room ready' to deliver with
poise, presence and confidence.
- Integrate with internal clients and marketing to drive prospect
engagement and lead generation for Proactive Pursuits Program.
- Coordinate with internal clients to ensure accurate data is
captured in CRM for sales tracking and reporting purposes.
- Proactively recommend processes and materials that would
benefit the agency and that don't already exist as part of the
Business Development infrastructure.
- Manage at least one junior member of the business development
- Education: Bachelor's degree or above preferred in
communications, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience required. Agency
experience or work in a professional services and agency
environment preferred. Previous experience in business development
or demand generation a plus.
- Strong demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, including ability and
willingness to pitch in on all aspects of the business
- Strong self-starter spirit; ability to respond to shifting
priorities and work under deadline in a fast-paced environment with
ease and a sense of humor.
- A proven ability to communicate across all levels of an
Keywords: Waggener Edstrom, Bellevue , Director - Business Development, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!