(L5- ATHLETE): Financial Analyst II
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company
on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering
millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from
all over the world.
Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to partner closely with a
broad range of leaders across Operations, HR, Capacity Planning,
and FP&A. The role focuses on continuous improvement across
internal and external stakeholders to define, design and maintain
performance measurements, reporting and reviews. A typical day in
this role provides an opportunity to identify high priority
projects to improve results and drive cost reductions with
stakeholders, create new measures for business effectiveness, and
enhance and scale existing tools and processes based on business
A successful candidate effectively influences business partners,
provides sound and thoughtful decision-making, and manages
competing priorities in a quickly changing environment. The
candidate should demonstrate strong verbal and written
communication skills as direct interaction with leadership is
- Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes
changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems
and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets.
Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or
inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates
discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data
(both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous
manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex
finance issues clearly.
- Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve,
automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
- Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently.
Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks
feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent
issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
- Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks
opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events,
initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and
outside of your team.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive,
collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an
indicator of operations excellence.
- Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent
combination of education and experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly
analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance,
Accounting, or related field
- Experience working with Excel, SQL and other analytical
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , (L5- ATHLETE): Financial Analyst II, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!