What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people.
Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and
creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or
crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually
stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives
to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating
to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Online Engineering at Epic
Epic Games is growing operations inside our development teams to
support operations of our large-scale, highly available, secure,
online services and infrastructure behind Epic Games and products.
The person in this role will work closely with software
engineering, customer service, quality assurance, community, and
product teams to provide online services that enhance the user
experience for all of Epic's systems.
Epic Games is looking for a Principal Cloud Engineer for our
Dedicated Server Fleet Management team and help build the
automation platform that manages our globally distributed fleet of
game servers to provide the best possible experience to players
- Build and operate the automation platform that deploys, scales,
and manages Epic's globally distributed fleets of dedicated game
- Define, collect, and report on service quality and efficiency
metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Regularly drive key company initiatives forward
- Own decision making authority and responsibility over projects
with significant organizational impact
- Work across teams to optimize reliability, performance,
latency, and efficiency of game server fleets
- Provide service ownership for the fleet management platform and
support 24x7 operations
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in
emerging technology and best practices
- Deep experience with cloud infrastructure automation using
public cloud APIs, especially AWS
- 10+ years experience building online services using modern best
- Experience being responsible for projects with significant
- Strong Linux fundamentals and systems automation
- Proficient with REST services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL
- Solid software development fundamentals in Go/Java/Python/Ruby
with a preference for candidates with Go experience
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous
- Demonstrated understanding of distributed systems fundamentals
(communication models, synchronization, consistency, etc)
- Experience building, deploying, and operating services large
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary
and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums
for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical,
Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life
Each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid
breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7
years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people
are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work
culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy