Product Marketing Manager - Compete
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced Product Marketing
Manager to develop and manage competitive projects and processes
that support departments throughout the entire organization.
Competitive product marketing is a strategic and highly visible
function at Smartsheet and we're looking for a motivated,
self-starter to hit the ground running as a key business partner
for our Product, Sales and Marketing teams. You will develop and
own competitive messaging, positioning and resource development to
win market share in the extremely competitive markets of PPM, CWM,
You will be part of the Product Marketing Team and will report
directly to the Sr. Manager, Competitive Product Marketing in our
Bellevue, WA Office.
- Build and manage competitive projects and processes to
influence competitive sales opportunities, marketing strategy and
- Conduct win-loss assessments to provide insights on trends,
feature prioritization and marketing channels.
- Define competitive messaging and positioning for product
launches and GTM campaigns.
- Deeply understand key buyer personas and product use
- Partner closely with the sales team to understand and
prioritize resources that drive the biggest business impact.
- Identify customer stories for product messaging including
references, testimonials and case studies.
- Develop educational content and resources that showcases the
advantages of Smartsheet's products and brand for internal and
- Work cross-departmentally with multiple teams to develop
self-service educational assets and track performance.
- Advise product teams as they bring targeted products and
solutions to market by developing compelling competitive
- Deliver market analysis to provide insights for current and
- Support other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or relevant
- 3+ years product marketing experience in enterprise
technologies, including experience in cloud / SaaS
- Experience with delivering results as a part of a
- Demonstrated customer track record with strong maturity.
- Ability to drive impact across organizational boundaries, with
matrixed program ownership.
- Experience influencing teams across all levels of an
- Data-driven and able to look across trends to provide
- Can distill simple positioning and messages from complex
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with a
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to oversee
projects from start to finish.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to manage work
- Clearly structure data to draw fact-based conclusions from
- Focused on improving processes to do more with existing
resources through improved efficiency.
- Comfort with high levels of ambiguity - this is a new function
and change is expected!
- Smartsheet product experience preferred.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your
contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including
access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership,
primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own
personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We
provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally
protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK,
and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure
you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please
let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that
encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team
members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers.
We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive,
effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your
experience doesn't precisely match our job description-if your
career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At
Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't
afraid to be innovative-join us!
Keywords: Smartsheet, Bellevue , Product Marketing Manager - Compete, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!