Technical Designer - Wovens (Temp)
Company: Eddie Bauer
Posted on: June 9, 2021
To manage Fit and construction development process for quality
garments and cost efficiency, leading to on time delivery.
- Lead/direct fit session on live model with cross-functional
teams (Design/Merchants/Product Development) to evaluate garment
fit, constructions and styling details. Measure samples
- Ability to articulate the fit issues and present solutions
during the fit session to cross functional teams.
- Accountable to resolve fit issues and to clearly communicate to
vendors via WebPDM, illustrator and/or pattern corrections w/in a
24-72 hour turn time.
- Accurately apply grade rules and make pattern corrections in
- Take ownership to maintain accuracy of WebPDM tech pack specs
and construction pages.
- Establish and maintain library of patterns of basic
- Establish and maintain brand fit, spec and construction
- Collaborate with Design in initial stages of tech pack spec
development. Translate design sketches and/or sample into spec and
construction pages, review construction and keep cost efficient.
Review tech packs prior to turn over for accuracy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, create QA/Fit reports
- Degree in fashion design, apparel production or textiles
- Minimum 2-3 years' of proven technical design experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years of pattern making experience
- Advance knowledge of garment construction, fabric
characteristics and garment performance standards
- Working knowledge of Gerber PDS, WebPDM, Illustrator and
- Demonstrate grading knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment with a keen
sense of urgency
- Ability to work as a team member across multiple
- Ability to flex between multiple product categories
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changes and be
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that are required by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently
required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel;
as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating
temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple
hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings
and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer,
occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during
periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office
environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform
the essential functions of the role.
Keywords: Eddie Bauer, Bellevue , Technical Designer - Wovens (Temp), Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!