Program Manager, Air Operations
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Amazon Air is seeking a highly motivated individual to be a part
of the Air Operations team. The Program Manager, Air Ops will be
responsible to identify, develop, and execute new processes,
policies, goals and solutions to increase safety and compliance of
AIR's technical publications program titled Standard Work. This
position will work alongside a team of operational and technical
leaders to develop scalable long-term solutions for AIR's
documentation and manual management software, and related manual
This position will work with managers, peers and team members,
within their immediate department, as well as with other
departments and business partners to drive effective solutions to
complex challenges. Provide team and business partners with
necessary tools, resources, metrics, and training to meet or exceed
all regulations, safety standards, and operational performance
goals. This role will deliver the above through innovation of
software and tech base solutions, identifying process improvements,
incorporating safety assurance, analyzing metrics, and documenting
processes. This position will create and report air metrics to
improve compliance and cross-divisional coordination within the
overall air program.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as a leader within the Safety and Operations team.
- Support the Sr Program Manager of Air Ops to develop and manage
the Standard Work/Technical Publication Program.
- Serving as a company liaison and leader in the management of
the operation and program manual sets, including technical writing,
formatting, editing, data analytics, revision workflow, and change
management processes to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create program updates and communications to internal
- Support the Sr. Program Manager and Learning team with program
- Investigate program inefficiencies, technical issues, and
potential noncompliance of standards to seek the deepest level of
root cause and develop short and long term program
- Liaison with technical support managers, software developers,
and product managers.
- Conduct airport site visits to evaluate effectiveness of
standard work software solutions, mobile software solutions,
content use, distribution, training, and application to AIR's ramp
- Develop and manage program metrics to continually improve
airline operational safety and compliance.
- Manage and track program related permissions, access,
qualifications, and training requirements.
- Partnering and communicating effectively with both external
(Service Providers, and Air Carriers) and internal (Airport Gateway
Ops, Safety, Technology, and Training) customers.
- Support Air Operations team in projects related to safety,
regulatory compliance and operational standards.
- Special projects.
- Identifying, solving, and escalating problems or variances in
the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams, following
through to resolution to ensure they are delivered.
- Navigating through ambiguity, managing and coordinating
multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced,
deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability
of the process and delivering on commitments.
- Bachelor's degree in aviation, business, operations management,
or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in program management, aviation, airline
operations, or related industry experience.
- Two or more years of technical writing and content/manual
management related experience.
- Must hold a valid passport and be willing to travel. Domestic
travel required up to 15% of the time.
- Two or more years of aviation Technical Publication department
- Two or more years of aviation or Airline technical writing and
content/manual management related experience.
- Two or more years of aviation related program management,
safety, or operations experience
- Four or more years of experience in the airline ground or
flight operations, or air cargo industry
- Master's degree or foreign equivalency related to Aviation,
Business Administration, or Ops Mgmt
- Must be highly proficient in written and oral communications
and be able to produce concise, relevant, strategically driven
documents and presentations to leaders.
- Proven track record of problem solving skills and ability to
use analytical tools is required.
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional
organizations and coordinating with teams on planned changes to
standard work, updating relevant documents, and communicating the
changes both internally and externally.
- Must have an ability to manage and execute multiple priorities
in a timely manner across multiple projects.
- Must demonstrate the ability to influence internal and external
organizations to achieve goals, including the ability to influence
and manage upward as necessary.
- Analytic experience in the areas of transportation, flight and
ground operations, aviation safety, and aviation regulatory
compliance is strongly preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Program Manager, Air Operations, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!