Finance Program Manager, Transportation Controllership
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Program Manager III, Transportation Controllership is
focused on providing program management leadership for a dynamic
and rapidly growing Transportation business. You will work with
stakeholders in Accounting, Finance and various transportation
technology teams to coordinate the creation of month end and
invoice payment processes for new business launches.
Creativity and insight are critical skills to help us deliver
new ideas and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are
you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver
results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that
your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? Come teach us a few
things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most
customer-centric company on Earth.
This is the perfect position with someone with a cross
functional Accounting and data skillset who is comfortable in
working with ambiguity. You will gather business requirements, and
then partner internally to ensure month end and invoice payment
solutions are developed and deployed. You will help develop
effective milestones and launch schedules for this work. The ideal
candidate will anticipate and resolve bottlenecks while balancing
business needs and escalating where appropriate.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Lead detailed documentation of business use cases for global
accounts payable accounting automation.
- Ensure that robust processes are developed for month end and
- Lead development and management of milestones across all
projects that ensure timely and successful launches.
- Partner with Transportation Accounting to ensure requirements
are met for each mode and country of transportation.
- Escalate and remove roadblocks where needed to ensure programs
execute according to committed schedules.
- Promote recruiting efforts across the network to continually
hire and develop the best.
- Manage and participate in finance and accounting activities
across several locations
- Create a "learn by doing" environment by engaging with business
and technology to promote and encourage continued customer
- Proven expertise in program and project management in
cross-functional roles with significant scope.
- Experience working in a global Accounting environment.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders without holding
decision making authority.
- Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities &
provide level-headed guidance during unexpected events.
- Ability to self-start and create direction in a rapidly
changing and often ambiguous environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and
metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and
- Highly detail oriented and proven ability to navigate highly
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor
communications across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and determine trade-offs to
balance business vs technology
- Proven understanding of large-scale data mining and reporting
tools (i.e. Tableau, SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and
other financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Finance Program Manager, Transportation Controllership, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!