Sr Energy Risk Mgmt Analyst
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE's Energy Supply Merchant team is looking for qualified
candidates to fill an open Sr Energy Risk Mgmt Analyst
Puget Sound Energy's Power Cost & Analytics Department is
looking for a Senior Energy Risk Management Analyst to join our
This position provides analytical support for strategic
decisions regarding power and gas supply operations. This position
models the company's asset portfolio to support economic dispatch,
monitors and reports performance metrics to support trading and
hedging operations, and performs related analytical functions as
needed. Contributes to strategy development regarding organized
market developments. Provides support and documentation of power
and gas cost forecasts for rate filings, internal financial plans
and external reporting requirements. Works collaboratively with
other team members and trains other analysts.
- Manage quantitative models and analytic tasks related to unit
commitment, dispatch and optimization, and integrate modeling into
the front office.
- Provide analytical support to traders for strategy
- Develop quantitative models to solve business problems related
to the economics of power generation and natural gas supply.
- Monitor and analyze the company's performance in organized
markets especially California Independent System Operator (CAISO)
markets; identify problems and drive solutions.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports of the company's
performance in optimizing energy supply resources including
participation in organized markets.
- Write and maintain programs for processing data and performing
analysis using programs such as Python or Visual Basis for
- Support power and gas costs witness with testimony, exhibits,
work papers, data requests and ad-hoc analyses.
- Interact with employees in other departments for various
- Manage projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, with focus in economics,
accounting, engineering, finance or related area.
- 3 years utility power & gas experience and proficiency with
Monte Carlo simulations.
- Experience in econometric analytic, energy risk management,
financial modeling, database management & gas and power
- Problem-solving skills, ability to work independently as well
as collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- High proficiency in Excel, MS-Access, PowerPoint, Word and
COGNOS is expected.
- Good professional communication and presentation skills.
- Background in organized energy markets.
- Experience using AURORA, Plexos or Lacima.
- Graduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Programming experience in Python or Visual Basic.
- Regulatory knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of energy markets and operations.
- Leadership skills.
- SAP experience.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Res
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Bellevue , Sr Energy Risk Mgmt Analyst, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!