Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are
enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company's mission of
empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided
with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to
learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
As Discovery's portfolio continues to grow - around the world
and across platforms - the Product Security team is building the
people, process, and technology to protect Discovery's
direct-to-consumer, media technology, and IT systems to meet the
world-class standard for which Discovery is known.
Within the broader Information Security team, there has never
been a busier or more urgent time to obtain the best talent we can
for a function so critical to Discovery. In light of the constant
threats and attacks occurring in companies across the globe, and
across all industries, the Information Security Team at Discovery
is a growing group of cybersecurity professionals, that are using
the latest tools and resources to protect the assets from our
internal infrastructure to the shows we broadcast across the globe
on Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery ID, TLC, EuroSport
and more. From the US to Singapore, India to LA, we are tasked with
protecting, training, and implementing the best of the best in
tools, resources, monitoring, threat detection, and more.
The Cloud Security Engineer is a technology and process focused
security professional with an emphasis in information security,
cloud architecture, cloud infrastructure engineering, cloud
incident response, DevSecOps, and cloud related SOAR automation. As
a member of the cloud security team, the Cloud Security Engineer
will support the infosec functions of incident response,
vulnerability management, compliance, and assessment while
providing direct guidance to product and IT teams for all public
cloud related matters in AWS, GCP and Azure.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Act as a Cloud Security Subject Matter Expert for Infosec
- Review cloud architecture and advise development teams on
strong Security Design principles and identification of issues
prior to systems or features deployed.
- Provide guidance for security remediation to business and IT
partners. Speaking the DevOps and product team's language by
demonstrating real, practical risk and value.
- Develop cloud security solutions to meet incident response and
participate in security incident response process as cloud
- Research, innovate, and design cloud first security
- Partner with DevOps and SRE teams to consult on secure cloud
development practices and build cloud security automation into
- Develop security related artifacts and scripted solutions to
help teams integrate security into cloud environments.
- Support SOAR Solutions to solve gaps integrating security into
- Mentor junior members of staff
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to cloud
security designs/configurations, processes, standards and
- Collaborate with senior management and department leaders to
assess near- and long-term cloud security needs
- Staying current with the latest cloud threat mitigation tools
- Strong understanding of cloud-based infrastructure components
with specific understanding of the security risks presented in a
decentralized and hybrid environment.
- Comfortable automating processes start to finish and can work
closely with cloud solutions engineering and product teams to help
integrate security into their existing processes.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (python, Nodejs,
- Real-world experience with configuration of log aggregation
SIEM solutions through IAC.
- Hands-on experience with some the following:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Developing & Securing Serverless applications
- Security administration in AWS/GCP/Azure
- CI/CD and DevOps Tooling (Git, Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Infrastructure as code tools (Pulumi, Ansible, CloudFormation,
- Command Line experience (Bash, Powershell, AWS-CLI)
- Network & Infrastructure engineering
- Cloud native security related tools (AWS Guard Duty, AWS WAF,
GCP Security Center)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong
attention to detail
- Remains productive while rapidly switching context
- Thirst for knowledge and constantly driven to stay current with
evolving threat landscapes
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- AWS Certifications - AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Security
- GCP Certifications - ACE, Other
- Security Product Engineering Certifications
- Previous Experience with DivvyCloud, QRadar, Splunk, TwistLock,
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a
good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To
that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that
meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities
that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including
but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an
accommodation during the application process, please send an email
request to HR@discovery.com.