Manager, Front-End Engineering ( Location - Bellevue OR Minneapolis)
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Note on Location: We are open to this role being located in
Bellevue and Minneapolis
Transportation & Recipient Experience (TRX) is the
multidisciplinary design studio responsible for envisioning and
delivering end-to-end, customer-focused solutions across the
ecosystem of products that power Amazon's global Transportation,
Shipping, and Seller Services.
The Meridian Design System is built by TRX to support
experiences in the Operations space, but also has widespread
adoption throughout Amazon and has become one of the most popular
and impactful design systems at Amazon. TRX is seeking a Manager,
Front-End Engineering to lead the Meridian development team.
In this role, you will lead a team of Software Development
Engineers and Front-End Engineers in the creation, evolution, and
management of shared coded component libraries across multiple
frameworks (React, Native iOS, and Native Android). You will be
responsible for the Meridian tech roadmap and vision, developer
training content, and developer community outreach & engagement.
This role requires innovation and invention to envision and build
systems and tools that enable teams to quickly create front-end
experiences that are useful, accessible, and beautiful.
If you have a passion for front-end development, creating and
evolving design systems, and enjoy having fun and exploring new
technologies, then Meridian is the team for you!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or
- 5 + years of Software Development experience
- 3 + years of experience as a development manager building and
leading strong engineering teams
- Deep experience working with React for both web and mobile
- Experience in partnering with product and program management
- Experience partnering with product and program management
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in front-end engineering
practices and frameworks
- Familiarity with native mobile frameworks (iOS and
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Solid software development background including design
patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical
- 7 + years of software development experience as a manager5 +
years experience working directly with design teams or previous
role in the Design discipline
- Previous experience developing design systems featuring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to present complex technical information in a clear and
concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A deep understanding of the software development life-cycle,
and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience with scrum or kanban methodology for agile software
- Experience designing software architecture for scalability,
reliability and performance
- A passion for people management and mentoring
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best
practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code
reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is
central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on
your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all
members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual
orientation, race, religion or belief.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Manager, Front-End Engineering ( Location - Bellevue OR Minneapolis), Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!