Software Development Engineer 2
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Maps Data Team is responsible for providing best digital
representation of our physical world. Our goal is to provide best
and most efficient mapping data for meeting needs of all numerous
surfaces (Bing Maps, Windows, Office , PowerBI, LinkedIn, etc.). We
are looking for developers that share our enthusiasm and passion
for geographic data, working with small and large customers, and
look for innovation in improving freshness, quality & coverage for
every part of the globe.
- 3+ years of software development experience with .NET, C# or
- 3+ years of experience Cloud computing
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related
- Geospatial knowledge a strong plus
- Database expertise, is a strong plus
- Good understanding of efficient data structures and
- Basic knowledge of data analysis & statistics to make data
- Experience identifying problems in code/systems/design and
proposing a solution to leadership to drive change.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Design and development of algorithms in a large scale data
processing pipeline & storage to produce high quality data.
- Innovate on different maps data sources (licensed and open
source) and build models to conflate across them and provide
refined categorization for them.
- Independently drive data driven decisions for evaluating
numerous segments of data sources for inclusion into maps rendering
- Deal with ambiguity while gathering requirements for data needs
from our partners.
- Develop solutions that are robust, allows for rapid
development, low development cost, and low maintenance cost.
- Understand Geospatial data and nuances for its iterative as
well as one-off measurements
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Bellevue , Software Development Engineer 2, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!