Manager, User Experience
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Come join our UX & Strategy Consumer team! We're looking for an
experienced UX and goal-driven design manager to lead our growing
team of UX Designers and UX Leads and be part of building a solid
customer-centric design culture at T-Mobile.
We’re looking for…
- A customer dedicated design leader, mentor, and motivator of
other designers; someone invested in growing people, developing
talent, and shaping an environment that designers are proud to be a
- A beacon for the design craft who will bring expertise in UX
design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research). A
systems thinker who identifies and abstracts scalable and
repeatable design patterns - framing design for user experience in
the context of the broader customer experience.
- A wise decision-maker who is able to prioritize effectively,
use data to inform decisions, weigh the impact and tradeoffs of
decisions, and seek input where needed to drive alignment.
- Someone comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity and
use expertise and design process to create structure. Proactively
planning ahead, looking around corners, and see what’s next.
- At least 18 years of
- Legally authorized to
work in the United States
- High School Diploma or
- Pre-employment background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Examples of related fields may include UI design, HCI, or
- 4-7 years of work experience in UX design
- 2+ years of experience in a people management role
- Demonstrated proficiency in UI and UX tools
- Proven ability to work with highly technical teams and balance
multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. High level of
accountability, initiative, flexibility, and the ability to handle
high workload and achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly technical teams
User Experience & Strategy
- Contributes to the creation and evolution of design principles,
guidelines and patterns. Establishes, evolves and evangelizes
design strategy across the company. Communicates best practices for
design and reasoning behind UX decisions to key partners
- Works across functional teams to understand business and
feature requirements, technical possibilities and constraints.
- Teams up with User Researchers and other Designers to maintain
consistency across the digital ecosystem and solve
cross-application design challenges.
- Assesses and optimizes the performance of new and existing
features by conducting/participating in usability testing and
interpreting analytics data.
- Leads a team of Sr UX Designers and UX Designers. Educates the
UX Team on the importance of following a User-centered Design
- Provides direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching,
and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified team members, striving to
improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project
teams with contract staff when required.
- Creates training and career development plans and ensures
assignments with increasing levels of responsibility
- Collaborates with other team leads in continuously evolving
team process to better serve the team’s needs.
- Builds credibility with partners, management peers, direct
reports, and executives.
- Provides constructive feedback and direction on peer designs to
ensure intuitive and innovative solutions and drive consistency
following established design principles, guidelines and
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions
concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard
to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran
status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any
other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any
of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and
will not be tolerated.
Keywords: T-Mobile, Bellevue , Manager, User Experience, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!