Clinical Director (CD)
Company: Rogers Behavioral Health
Posted on: September 8, 2021
The Clinical Director directs and coordinates activities of the
clinical services in the regional-site programs that may include
but are not limited to: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
& Anxiety Disorders Programs, Eating Disorders, PTSD, and/or other
clinical programs as determined by community need consistent with
Rogers’ Mission. He/She ensures the clinical staff receives
appropriate clinical supervision, assures quality patient care for
all patients admitted to the service, and provides direct patient
care. The Director facilitates connection with the community to
create a continuum of care and assures utilization of services.
He/She also facilitates the continuum of care with Rogers
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee Rogers Behavioral Health regional programs’ clinical
staff performance in providing treatment services in the assigned
- Ensure the clinical staff
receives appropriate clinical supervision.
- Conduct and/or oversees
retrospective reviews and evaluations of the quality of patient
care through patient care audit procedures.
- Facilitate the clinical continuum of care.
- Assure the development of a
continuum within the local community.
- Assure the development of continuum with Rogers Residential and
- Serve as a liaison to the community.
- Develop program schedule and training curriculum.
- Assist with developing program
schedule based on empirically supported clinical
- Develop training curriculum to assure staff are
- Participate in participation of CBT Academy modules.
- May provide direct patient care for patients in the
- May conduct initial assessment
on patients in the program.
- Work with staff to develop and update the patient’s treatment
- May provide ongoing care to selected patients in the
- Monitor clinical staff performance and provide opportunities
for age-specific continuing education.
- Provide a continuing education
program for the medical staff and for other clinical staff, as
requested and as deemed necessary, to keep staff informed of
significant new developments and new skills in psychiatric care of
- Ensure appropriate
implementation of clinical staff development and staff training
- Ensure completion of regular
performance reviews of all clinical staff supervised.
- Develop, administer and seek
compliance with the bylaws, rules and regulations for services
- Report to Rogers Behavioral Health Chief Operations Officer of
Regional PHP/IOP programs.
- Account to the Executive
Committee of the Medical Staff for the quality and efficiency of
patient care rendered to patients at the Hospital through reports
and recommendations, as needed.
- Represent the Clinical Services
to the Board of Directors, Joint Conference Committee, Performance
Improvement, Case Management, Risk Management, and Infection
- Demonstrate understanding of Joint Commission and other
regulatory agency compliance regulations.
- Involve self in the learning and
the application of standards relevant to the medical
- Participate in in-services/seminars and other meetings to
increase involvement and awareness of regulations.
- Involve self in the education of other disciplines regarding
- Plan effectively for department needs by working with the
director and administrative leadership with involvement with the
Hospital budgeting process:
- Assist the director with the
department needs to include the annual budget.
- Assist and support the director in managing the FTE
expenditures with compliance to the FTE budget.
- Assist the director in managing the capital and other
operational expenditures with compliance to the related
- Maintain an understanding of any variance and its impact on the
- Communicate such information to the director, clinical
director, and Chief Operations Officer of PHP/IOP Regional Programs
in a timely manner.
- Participate in Hospital committees, meetings and team
- Demonstrate punctuality and
- Demonstrate effective chairperson skills, if applicable.
- good organizational skills with agenda and minute
- ability to facilitate a meeting and keep it on track.
- Contribute in a positive,
solution-focused manner. Assist in the recruitment process.
- Assist the director in working with the Human Resources
department in the development of an effective advertisement.
- Conduct interviews that are comprehensive, fair, and lead to a
timely recruitment decision.
- Develop screening criteria for analysis of applicant’s
qualifications, professional aptitude, and overall quality
contribution to the Hospital.
- Participate in the Rogers Improvement System (RIS):
- Maintain familiarity in the RIS process.
- Apply the RIS model and tools to department functions.
- Participate in and/or create RIS teams that lead to
- Educate and involve staff in Rogers and department RIS
- Participate in the Hospital’s marketing plan:
- Develop department customer service/public relations plan.
- Interact with the director of Product Development to
communicate customer-related issues.
- Participate in the customer feedback process when
- Educate medical staff regarding the Service’s marketing
- Participate in department service-related marketing
- Participate in referral development activity.
- Other responsibilities as
negotiated by the parties.
- Conduct self in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate organizational
skills that promote timely response to all inquiries and to project
- Communicate with all individuals
in a positive and professional manner.
- Attempt to resolve individual
issues with peers in a positive, calm manner, with a focus on
- Communicate concerns and provide
solutions for same.
- Attend outside seminars to
promote professional growth.
- Interact with external
professional peers to create a professional network.
- Comply with the applicable
Hospital’s policies and the medical staff programs.
- Project professional image by
wearing professional attire.
- Excellent communication skills required to understand and
relate to community representatives, department managers, Hospital
medical and clinical staff, Hospital CEO, and Board of
- Able to understand and communicate using medical
- Excellent writing skills needed to prepare reports.
- Able to use initiative and judgment to organize, plan
activities, formulate policies, delegate responsibility and make
decisions affecting diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Must be able to relate to people in a manner to win their
confidence and establish rapport.
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing conditions, programs and
various details of the position.
- Verbal and hearing ability required to interact with community
representatives, patients and employees. Numerical ability required
to maintain records and operate a computer.
- Must be able to read and communicate through written, verbal
and auditory skills and abilities.
- Position requires walking, sitting and standing. Work is
performed inside the building and is physically light. Lifting is
moderate; must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 pounds.
Reaching, handling, grasping and manual dexterity are necessary to
operate various office equipment.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
for positions of 30 hours or more per week.
- Childcare reimbursement offered for positions of 20 hours or
more per week.
- Gainshare bonus based on company goals.
- 401k with matching contribution that is fully vested from day
- Loan relief, tuition reimbursement and scholarship
ABOUT ROGERS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Rogers Behavioral Health is a nationally recognized,
not-for-profit provider of highly specialized psychiatric care.
Rogers offers evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and
adults with OCD and anxiety, addiction, depression and other mood
disorders, eating disorders, trauma, and PTSD. Backed by more than
a century of experience, Rogers is leading the way on
measurement-based care and use of clinical outcomes.
Rogers provides residential care and has three inpatient
facilities located in southeastern Wisconsin. Rogers also offers
outpatient services in a growing network of communities across the
The System also includes
Rogers Behavioral Health Foundation, which
supports patient care, programs, and research; and
Rogers In Health, an initiative that works to
eliminate the stigma of mental health challenges. For more
information, visit rogersbh.org.
To apply, please visit rogersbh.org/careers and complete an
Keywords: Rogers Behavioral Health, Bellevue , Clinical Director (CD), Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!