Senior Level Designer
Posted on: November 19, 2021
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer
experiences that inspire memorable moments. We're building a
world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first.
For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something
extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go
hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and
connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us
to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay
and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We
are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer
game--that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive
Entertainment--and we are--actively looking to add passionate,
visionary creators who thrive in environments where the "status
quo" just won't do and who genuinely want to be part of a
collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is
proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Senior Level Designer who is incredibly
passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to
millions of players. Our Senior Level Designer is responsible for
being an architect of environmental gameplay and working with a
team toward building great PvP maps.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are extraordinarily passionate about building spaces for
competitive shooters. You enjoy picking apart your favorite PvP
shooter maps, you imagine how you would make them better, and you
frequently crack open a map editor just for fun.
- You have an impressive portfolio of shipped PvP maps.
- You are an effective & inspiring communicator. You have the
ability to make abstract-level design concepts intuitive to other
disciplines and people enjoy working with you.
- You have a great instinct for the best way to balance art and
Level Design, so spaces simultaneously look great and play
- You are incredibly knowledgeable about PvP Level Design tools
and workflow. You can work directly with tools engineers to make
sure we have truly exceptional tools.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our
players because you are a gamer at heart.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Blocking out a new PvP level
- Playtesting the game and giving candid notes on how we can
- Communicating and interacting with other departments to bring
our levels to life
- Helping another Level Designer debug why a space isn't coming
together by applying concise design principles
- Participating in weekly sync with other designers to discuss
the game holistically
- Proposing an update to our Level Design best practices
- You have shipped at least two successful "AAA" titles from
start to finish, or equivalent game development experience
- You have strong knowledge and experience with modern PvP
shooter Level Design
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next-generation
independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and
exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are
built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and
creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and
life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment
through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique
identity built around the type of gamer experience they are
creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture,
all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust,
accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company's mission to unite, guide, and empower
developers to create--exceptional--entertainment experiences,
developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and
stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at-- www.probablymonsters.com/careers --
Keywords: ProbablyMonsters, Bellevue , Senior Level Designer, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!