System Transients Analysis Engineer
Company: System One
Posted on: November 22, 2021
**Long term contract that will--convert to--permanent/direct
hire for the right candidate. Must have MS or Ph.D. and 5+ years of
RELAP or other nuclear system code experience to be presented to
our client. This is a 100% remote opportunity!** Reporting to
Manager, Thermal Hydraulics, the System Transients Analysis
Engineer is responsible for both thermal-hydraulics plant-wide and
component level transient analysis with application to the
sodium-cooled reactor program.-- The successful candidate will
support transient analyses for various reactor designs including
novel systems. --The analyses may involve use of existing in-house
and commercial codes or may involve generation of new code or
augmentation of existing code.-- They will interface with the
safety group and other groups to accurately represent the different
systems of the plant. Responsibilities
- Develop and apply thermal-hydraulic analysis methods, including
steady state and transient one-dimensional network hydraulic
- Perform calculations using first principles of heat transfer,
fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics to support and validate analysis
- Perform analysis of reactor normal operations, upset events,
emergency events and faulted events as defined in the ASME BPVC
Section III to establish design, service, and test loadings and
- Perform multiscale and multidisciplinary neutronics and control
analyses involving the thermal hydraulics of sodium, molten salt,
and non-condensable fluids.
- Integrate with other engineering groups performing aspects of
component, system, fuel, and control system design and related
- Perform code benchmarking and validation analyses to support
code qualification and methodology development. Key Qualifications
- M.S. or PhD in nuclear or mechanical engineering.
- Strong thermal-hydraulic analytical skills with one dimensional
hydraulic network analysis, system codes experience and transient
- Substantial (5-10 years) experience with RELAP, SAS4A/SSYS-1,
GOTHIC, or other system code.
- Familiarity with code V&V and associated regulatory
- Experience with nuclear power plant design or operations a
- Knowledge of design approach under ASME Boiler Code Section III
- Experience developing new analytical methods highly
- Experience with first-of-a-kind or high temperature nuclear
reactor design projects is a plus.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Keywords: System One, Bellevue , System Transients Analysis Engineer, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!