Senior Mechanical Designer
Company: System One
Posted on: January 15, 2022
System One seeking a highly motivated Senior Mechanical
Designer. In this role, you will create structural and mechanical
design solutions, 3D CAD models, and engineering drawings for the
conceptual and preliminary design development of advanced
Generation IV nuclear reactors. Candidates must have extensive
experience in mechanical/structural design and drafting using a
mainstream CAD system. This is a contract, remote job opportunity.
- Produce robust CAD models that facilitate fast-paced design
evolution and derivative creation that leverage advanced CAD
modeling techniques and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain highly complex mechanical designs.
Pro-actively seek out, research, and propose unique solutions.
Conduct trade studies to down-select best option.
- Use model configurations to support analysis needs, such as:
Structural, Neutronics, Thermal-Hydraulic, Radiological, Safety,
- Document design progress, changes, and decisions via our
client's internal & external online collaboration workspaces.
- Create supporting technical presentations, documents, and
reports as needed.
- Create engineering drawings (layout, detail, interface control,
general arrangement, etc.) per ASME 14.1 and Y14.5 standards.
- Perform tolerance stack up calculations.
- Check and review drawings for accuracy of information and
conformance to ASME & our client's drafting standards via
electronic redline process.
- Ensure and maintain configuration control of models/drawings
via our client's product data and product life-cycle management
- Regularly review design group generated documents and propose
improvements. Pro-actively contribute to written guidance and
standards development. Required Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of seven years of CAD proficiency is required,
- Demonstrated experience with Geometric Dimensioning and
- Experience checking fabrication drawings
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for
- Experience in Mechanical and Machine Design
- Nuclear design experience highly preferred
- Experience with AWS A2.4 preferred
- Experience using a product data management (PDM) system
- Organized and detail oriented, with excellent writing and
- Creative thinker with strong analytical/problem solving skills
and ability to work multiple tasks concurrently with minimum
direction to solve challenging problems
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust
and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire
to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined
based on assessment of qualifications. Job Functions Job Functions
are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the
position. These functions may also constitute essential functions
for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or
without accommodation. Information provided below is to help
describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable
understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's
ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions
will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a
case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the
applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to
any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods,
bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to
safely lift up to 50 pounds; ability to climb stairs and ladders,
work effectively on platforms up to 50 feet above grade
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or
sitting working environment of > 8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
Keywords: System One, Bellevue , Senior Mechanical Designer, Other , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!